University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Position #00007880- Requisition 14903
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
The Infectious Diseases Group Practice (IDGP) based at the University of Colorado Hospital is a busy, fast-paced adult clinic with a large patient population experiencing financial, mental health, substance, social and health related issues. The social worker will provide medical case management and general social work services to patients in the IDGP. This is a grant funded position.
- Conducts initial and ongoing psychosocial assessments with patients to assess needs (e.g. mental health, substance use, financial, and housing).
- Advises and provides assistance to patients in obtaining social, financial, housing, insurance, and other needed services.
- Supports care coordination activities; including assisting patients with referrals to other support services such as mental health and substance use treatment.
- Supports patients continued utilization, retention, and adherence to primary medical care.
- Provides appropriate referrals to patients based on need, and follows-up on referrals.
- Consults and follow-ups with outside agencies/professionals to provide support/recommendations for care (i.e. care conferences, transition summaries, etc.).
- Follows up appropriately with psychosocial and adherence related patient issues.
- Proper documentation of all social work activities.
- Documents patient encounters within the electronic medical record.
- Works as part of multidisciplinary teams at IDGP, including care coordination activities and attending team meetings.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comfortable working in an HIV medical care setting
- Case management/medical case management background
- Excellent assessment skills
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, strong organizational skills
- Sensitive to issues of diversity
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Strong work ethic, high level of organization, independent worker
- MSW, eligible for LCSW or LSW licensure in Colorado
- Computer literate, skilled with use of Microsoft Office suite
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in medical social work
- Experience in working in HIV/AIDS and LGBTQ related services
Special Instructions to Applicants:REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Lisa Lawrence at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20204 - SOM-MED-Infectious Disease
Posting Date: Oct 19, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lisa Lawrence
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00007880