External Relations Professional
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Skaggs School of Pharmacy
External Relations Professional
Position #757067 - Requisition #15387
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Skaggs School of Pharmacy has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) External Relations Professional position.
The Colorado Consortium for Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention was created in the Fall of 2013 to establish a coordinated, statewide response to this major public health problem. The Consortium's mission is to reduce prescription drug misuse and abuse in Colorado by developing policies, programs, and partnerships. By aligning efforts among many partner organizations in both the public and private sectors and sharing resources, we are able to impact the problem in a meaningful way. As these efforts have evolved, the need to further support new and existing work at the local level to increase and facilitate uptake has emerged.
This new position will function as an External Relations Professional in Southeast Colorado, supporting counties south and east of El Paso County. This position will further the mission of the Consortium by acting as an External Relations Professional of the Consortium to community partners (such as community coalitions and local public health agencies) under the guidance of the Director and Assistant Director. The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical assistance to community partners as they plan and implement local and regional interventions to address the opioid epidemic.
Examples of Work Performed:
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Building relationships with partners in local and regional areas in Southeast Colorado
- Providing technical assistance as applicable (such as brief needs and readiness assessment, local strategic planning, identification of available tools and programs)
- Connecting community partners with available resources from partner agencies (local, state, and federal)
- Providing input from the local level stakeholders to the Consortium and its partners as they continue to develop resources and implement strategies at the state level
- Providing these services will require approximately 40% travel, sometimes multiple days in a row, to provide adequate assistance to community partners.
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree in a health-related field such as public health, health administration, pharmacy, nursing, or a closely related field.
- Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year-for-year basis.
- This position will require approximately 40% travel throughout Southeast Colorado, sometimes multiple days in a row, to provide adequate assistance to community partners
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid Driver's License
- Must have and maintain reliable transportation with full vehicle insurance
- At least one (1) year of professional experience in public health, health administration, pharmacy, nursing, or a closely related field
- Prior training and/or experience in the field of substance use prevention, intervention, treatment, and/or recovery
- Experience providing technical assistance to community organizations such as community coalitions and local public health agencies
- Experience at a local, county or state public health agency
- Candidates must possess proficient computer skills (e.g., MS Office package, including MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Access)
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly adept program management skills, while working within the parameters of program strategic plans
- Ability to build and maintain relationships
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Exemplary analytical, reasoning, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience
- This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
- Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
- Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
- PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable
- Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references)
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately, and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: External Relations
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21747 - SOP-Center Substance AbusePrev
Posting Date: Dec 18, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jay Rodenburg
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00757067