Temporary Customer Coordinator
University of Colorado - South Denver
Temporary Customer Coordinator
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
This position supports the internal and external stakeholders at the University of Colorado South Denver (CU South Denver) and is responsible for front-facing customer programs, services and operations including Welcome Desk, Theater and Museum operations, and Educational Program operations and delivery. Responsibilities in this position include greeting, directing and enhancing the CU South Denver experience for all patrons including the public, K-12 and higher education; selling admission tickets utilizing computerized point-of-sale system; following checklist routines for point-of-sale stations which includes operating multiple software programs and applications simultaneously; delivering educational and public programs on a regular basis; monitoring galleries and exhibits; handling customer service requests and collaborating with the appropriate personnel; and overall, professionally coordinating effective communication across multiple departments within and outside of CU South Denver. In addition, Customer Coordinators maintain and monitor all museum and public spaces and report steps needed to improve these areas to the Assistant Director of Business and Customer Operations, and/or Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategy and Organizational Effectiveness.
Customer Service, Guest Services, Customer Operations, Education, Cashiering
Examples of Work Performed:
• Present and maintain an organized, positive, welcoming environment for all CU Denver South visitors and customers.
• Respond to requests from guests, supervisors, and management in a timely, professional, and effective manner
• Collaborate with manager and other CU staff to ensure information requests is communicated accurately to visitors or directed to the appropriate unit.
• Maintain components of the Museum and public spaces as required, including Globeology, Theatre, K12 classroom, the Art Gallery, temporary exhibits, Science on a Sphere and the Welcome Desk.
• Support events.
• Participate in organized training and staff meetings to learn new aspects of the job and retain current information on CU, events, and general campus operations.
• Facilitate sales by operating a point-of-sale system
• Develop an understanding of cash policy; participate in relevant training, follow cash- handling procedures as required by policy in an ethical and accurate way.
• Recognize security risks concerning inventory stock and cash; remain knowledgeable on prevention of security issues and how to handle these situations; follow established security procedures.
• Due to a wide range of possible questions from visitors and customers, be adaptable in offering assistance; follow escalation procedures as needed.
• Answer museum phone and greet individuals and groups as needed; answer customer emails in a timely fashion.
• Communicate professionally across the organization, including by email, phone and in person.
At the Welcome Desk:
• Greet visitors and customers with a professionalism and a welcoming, warm style
• Facilitate ticket sales for all events and programs, applying discounting where required
• Upsell films with general admission purchase (combo tickets)
• Manage check-in processes for events
• Create ID badges for students, staff, and faculty and answering questions.
In the Theater as Projectionist:
• Operate digital projector and all components for each movie showing,
including maintaining proper sound and lighting.
• Monitor theater doors and ticketing.
• Report any technical problems to manager and IT Department.
• Ensure that 3D glasses are cleaned and polished on a daily basis. Sweep theater
and remove trash between shows and at end of the day. Clean and maintain
• Provide necessary projection services for special events, as assigned.
In Delivery of Education Programs:
Assist with logistics for keeping groups organized in their visits to CU South Denver
• Assist with delivering programs on a weekly basis to groups visiting the facility
• Work collaboratively with the volunteers providing assistance in program delivery
• Make suggestions to manager for improvements in program delivery
As a Floater:
• Interface with the visitors and customers to minimize any factors that may negatively
impact their experiences.
• Maintain a friendly and approachable demeanor at all times.
• Ensure all Museum and public spaces are clean and operating properly. Monitor all
exhibit areas for maintenance concerns (e.g., spills, broken exhibits).
Monitor visitor behavior (e.g., no food/drink policy); report anything out of the
ordinary to security.
- Experience providing excellent and quality customer service to multiple constituents.
- Minimum 12 months customer service, cash handling and computerized POS system experience preferred.
- Some college preferred.
Competencies Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Set a high standard of professionalism and for a professional atmosphere at all operational areas
• Be approachable, have strong customer service skills, and be well-versed in all CU South Denver policies.
• Maintain a friendly demeanor even under stressful circumstances.
• Display excellent communication skills, friendly and approachable persona.
• Possess a "team player" attitude
• Have the ability to think of your feet and problem solve
• Be comfortable navigating grey areas and delivering a positive, accurate message to all stakeholders
• Have the ability to work in a dynamic environment with learning new information often that you are responsible for conveying to patrons
• Possess capability to operate two to three different software programs simultaneously
• Effectively communicate/report needs, issues, and solutions to the CPS Supervisor, Assistant Director of Business and Customer Operations, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Strategy & Organizational Effectiveness in order to improve and evolve the customer experience.
• Quickly and effectively meet the needs of customers who use the CU Denver South location for their events.
• Have knowledge and willingness to be trained about the resources offered and provided at all University of Colorado campuses.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:15378.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID:
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60141 - ADM-VCSD BusOpMus/Theatr/GS
Posting Date: Dec 18, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Angelica Rosalez-Miller
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00732631