Administrative Assistant III
University of Colorado Denver Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine/Department of Medicine/Division of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care
Administrative Assistant III
Position #00729487 - Requisition #15384
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds
The Division of Pulmonary Sciences & Critical Care Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Administrative Assistant III position.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
This class describes the fourth administrative assistant level. Positions in this level have the authority to design and implement, without prior approval, the general office and administrative operations to accomplish the unit's work. Work includes, but is not limited to, deciding what operations will be performed and how processes will be implemented; creating and revising office procedures and writing office procedure manuals, designing forms; establishing general office record systems and resource libraries, including content of files and publications, coding and maintenance schemes, circulation and retrieval, production, access, and disposal; compiling and formatting the content for program materials, such as annual reports and newsletters; accounting for the unit's allotted funds by authorizing (signing) operating expenditures for such things as office supplies, calculating estimated office operating expenses for the annual budget request; and, designing the physical layout of the unit's work area. Some positions in this class may function as work leaders who are partially accountable for the work product of at least two full-time equivalent positions. The position must have excellent organization, time management, communications skills, and be detailed oriented.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Plan and facilitate events for guest speakers, retreats, recruitment candidates, and division official functions including applicable travel and expense reconciliation.
- Act as the liaison for facilities, cell phones, land line phone requests and pager malfunctions.
- Purchase and track supplies, faculty renewals, registrations and business cards.
- Responsible for expense reimbursements for division faculty and staff by creating and/or assisting with the creation of expense reports to reconcile charges on procurement cards and submit reimbursement requests through Concur.
- Coordinates with the Procurement Office as necessary.
- Assist Finance & Accounting Professionals with document management and other tasks as necessary.
- Maintains hospital credentialing for assigned faculty.
- Assist faculty with tracking of Continuing Medical Education (CME) activities and educational outreach.
- Arranges meetings/coordinate calendars for assigned faculty; disseminate as necessary minutes and agendas.
- Update Amion with attending schedule (including updates to SharePoint calendar) and provide Out of Office Coverage for faculty.
- Performs other administrative and office management duties as required.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Three years of experience providing general office or administrative support.
Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher degree) in business, finance, accounting, HR or related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience at an academic institution.
- Experience with University of Colorado finance systems (i.e. Concur, Marketplace).
- Experience with booking travel arrangements (airfare, hotel, rental cars, etc).
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Olawunmi Ogunwo: [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20219 - SOM-MED-Pulmonary Disease
Posting Date: Dec 18, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Olawunmi Ogunwo
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00729487