Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado Denver I Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Surgery - Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Professional Research Assistant
Position # 00757239 / Job Posting # 15381
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Department of Surgery at the University of Colorado School of Medicine in conjunction with the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and the Division of Transplant Surgery is seeking a motivated, passionate and self-driven individual for a Professional Research Assistant (PRA). The laboratory studies transplantation immunology with a focus on developing clinically relevant protocols for the establishment of transplantation tolerance. The research involves using basic immunologic approaches to develop clinically relevant strategies for regulating inflammation and overcoming transplant rejection.
Principal duties and responsibilities
• Performing immunoassays including flow cytometry and ELISA
• Performing in vitro cell culture and animal studies as requested.
• Animal care related to research procedures.
• Performing DNA/RNA isolation and viral transduction.
• Working with retroviruses, lentiviruses and other viral and non-viral delivery systems.
• Preparing samples for analysis by various instrumentation.
• Designing and execution of experiments and analysis of experimental data.
• Recording results of experiments.
• Developing and maintaining research databases.
• Conducting literature searches.
• Tracking and ordering supplies.
• Assisting with project planning, data interpretation and team presentations.
• Communicating the research findings with the team during meetings when required.
• Scheduling, coordination and preparation of documents for material transfer agreements (MTAs), confidentiality disclosure agreements (CDAs), technology development and filing, and laboratory and research operations maintenance and operation.
• Assisting the PI to manage the lab.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or similar field
- Minimum of one year experience in a research laboratory
- Experience with animal care related to research
- Experience with material transfer agreements and confidentiality disclosure agreements
- Experience in an academic environment
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 15381
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20328 - SOM-SRG-RS PLAS Clinical
Posting Date: Dec 18, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Mandy Whitton
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00757239