History - 121800
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday-Friday 8am to 5pm;
History encompasses all aspects of past human endeavor; it encourages students to think broadly and to attempt to integrate all of their knowledge into a meaningful whole. From history a person develops a better understanding of current events and a better appreciation of art, architecture, ideas, politics, and fellow human beings and their activities. It also provides a guide for the future.
The History Department at UNT is a large department. As of fall 2019, the department will have 32 full-time faculty and around a dozen graduate student teaching fellows. The department includes both undergraduate and graduate programs, and teaches thousands of students every year in high enrollment survey and upper level courses. The faculty are active in research and community outreach, traveling regularly and holding a number of events each academic year.
The History Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provide budget management, reporting and oversight for the unit, including preparing budget transactions, identifying funding sources for transactions, reconciling accounts, budget forecasting and planning, purchasing, controlled asset management, management and processing of scholarships, and creating of budget reports for Chair.
* Entering personnel transactions and managing the payroll process, manage adjunct hiring process.
* Assist with development of class schedules and enrollment management.
* Responsible for management of departmental operations, including hiring and supervision of all staff, timekeeping, managing internal processes, and managing technology needs and upgrades for department.
* Provide Admin support to Department Chair, advise on operational and budget matters, and assist with departmental planning, policy management, space planning, reporting and compliance.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Knowledge of UNT policies and processes, experience of UNT systems including, but not limited to, COGNOS, EIS (HR, Financial and Academic modules), and Outlook, and knowledge of basic UNT budget principles.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting