Asset Management - 151020
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am-5 pm
The Asset Management department is charged with managing the 25,000 plus personal property items acquired with both State and non-State funds, and any donations to UNT or the UNT System.
The Asset Management Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Warehouse Clerk to join our team. This position is responsible for performing a variety of routine shipping and receiving
tasks, including comparing information on incoming or outgoing shipments with purchase orders, invoices or other documents.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Receives, inspects and stores all incoming shipments, conducting a physical count and reconciling with the shipper's delivery manifest and reporting any damages or shortages.
* Processes all shipments by entering the information from the purchase order into the system.
* Identifies which shipments are for delivery and which to retain for direct pick up from department; obtains signatures from deliveries.
* Keeps equipment in proper operating condition and stored in a safe and secure area.
* Processes requests for goods as sales orders at sales window.
* Maintains schedule of quarterly walk-through with shop supervisors/managers.
* Works with shop supervisors to maintain proper inventory of necessary parts for shops, evaluates par levels weekly to develop a list of inventory to be purchased, and evaluates inventory items that need to be properly disposed of via surplus process on a quarterly basis.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties or job may change over time in accordance with the ongoing needs of the Department.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use fingers and hands to feel, grasp, operate or handle objects; and reach with hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to operate a forklift.
This job operates in a professional office environment and warehouse. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Graduation from High School or GED equivalent and five years of related experience. Substitution of education for experience allowed.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* General knowledge of parts on hand as well as their general functionality.
* Prior experience in inventory control and warehouse shipping and receiving.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Must be able to effectively handle problems and duties in the warehouse and shipping and receiving areas.
* Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
* Ability to receive, track, and distribute materials, supplies, and equipment.
* Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
* Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
* Knowledge of postal or commercial shipping methods and procedures.
* Skill in making mathematical calculations and computations.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting