Counselor Staff Senior/UKHC
The Counselor Staff Senior will provide highly specialized technical expertise to the Comprehensive Assessment and Training Services project, under the guidance of the principal investigators.
This position will provide highly specialized clinical assessment and intervention services to children and families who have an open case with the Cabinet for Health and Family Services. The assessments include identifying strengths and weaknesses, how the family interacts with each other, and psychological and developmental examinations.
Additionally, this position oversees the generation of reports to the Cabinet to aid in making decisions or treatment plans.
Counselor Staff Senior/UKHC
7H801:Center for Trauma and Children
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
on occasion, lift objects up to 50 lbs
Psychological interviewing skills, forensic and clinical documentation, ability to do lethality assessments and respond accordingly, team work, timeliness, dependability, good verbal presentation skills.
Microsoft and SPSS
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Doctoral Degree in Psychology or Social Work, minimum 1-2 years related experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you a Licensed Psychologist or a Certified or Licensed Clinical Social Worker?
- * Please select the response that best represents your paid employment experience in Social Work, Psychology or related field.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vita