The department of Physiology is seeking a Laboratory Technician.
Our laboratory is interested in exploring the metabolic effects of the E4 isoform of apolipoprotein E (apoE), a major genetic risk factor for both cardiovascular disease and Alzheimer's disease.
The successful applicant will be expected to be highly organized, able to demonstrate the ability to generate experimental data, to have strong English speaking, writing and communication skills, and to be a team player.
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Moving and lifting object from floor to above shoulders up to 25 pounds. Standing and sitting at computer terminals and laboratory bench completing repetitive tasks for extensive periods of time. Working with materials requiring personal protective equipment in accord with EH&S policy.
Primarily Days Monday - Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm, some Evenings, Weekends are possible
Basic lab skills, (e.g., pipetting); basic computer skills (e.g., MS windows, excel).
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BA/BS degree in a related plus 0-6 months of paid working experience in a research laboratory including technical molecular biology, biochemical and cell culture research protocols, and murine animal care, including mouse husbandry, preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your years of paid working experience performing laboratory research using biological techniques
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years up through 5 years
- More than 5 years up through 7 years
- More than 7 years
- * What is your highest level of education?
- Less than GED/HS
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- * Do you have paid working experience with the following: Cell Culture, recombinant DNA techniques, immunohistochemistry, and murine animal care.
- I have paid working experience with 1 of the 4 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 2 of the 4 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 3 of the 4 techniques listed.
- I have paid working experience with 4 of the 4 techniques listed.
- I have no paid working experience with these tasks.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter