Clinical Instructor - Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences
Job no: 497003
Position Type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Biomed & Nutritional Sciences
Applications Open: Dec 18 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The department of Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences at UMass Lowell is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and students and seeks a full-time faculty at the rank of Clinical Instructor.
Specifically, we invite applicants with clinical expertise in the health professions and teaching experience to apply. The clinical faculty member is expected to teach nutrition and dietetics courses, develop undergraduate curriculum, supervise graduate dietetics student practica, coordinate experiential learning activities, and participate in school, college and university committees and events.
The individual will also be engaged in service support as required, with a focus on transitioning to and implementation of ACEND's future education model for bachelor's level programs. We seek applicants recognized for teaching excellence, working with a diverse population, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Licensed as a Registered Dietitian in Massachusetts
- Strong record of teaching nutrition and dietetics lecture and laboratory
- Strong record of curriculum development for new undergraduate program development
- Strong record of supervising graduate practica experiences
- 8 years minimum of clinical practice
- Team-based Instruction
- Shared decision-making with faculty colleagues for classroom activities
- Masters Degree in Nutrition
- Supervision of work study students
- Oversight of Teaching and Research Assessment Laboratory
- Experience in Interprofessional Educational activities
- Experience with ACEND accreditation procedures
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
- History of authored peer-reviewed, scientific publications
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will close on January 4, 2019.
Application Materials Required:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy and Experience - Please include 1) description of previous teaching experience with list of courses taught, and 2) teaching philosophy and style
- Sample syllabus
- Sample course evaluations
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.