Instructor - Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences
Job no: 497039
Position Type: Faculty Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Biomed & Nutritional Sciences
Applications Open: Dec 18 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The department of Biomedical & Nutritional Sciences at UMass Lowell is committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff, and students and seeks a full-time faculty at the rank of Instructor.
Specifically, we invite applicants with relevant clinical expertise in the health professions and a history of instructional experience to apply. The faculty member is expected to teach anatomy and physiology lecture and laboratory courses, and participate in department, college, and university committees and events.
The individual will also be engaged in service support as required. We seek a faculty member with experience hiring, scheduling, and managing adjunct faculty and teaching assistant lab assignments. The ability to construct and coordinate lab curriculum is required. Applicants recognized for teaching excellence, working with a diverse population, and excellent oral and written communication skills are preferred.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is committed to increasing diversity in its faculty, staff, and student populations, as well as curriculum and support programs, while promoting an inclusive environment. We seek candidates who can contribute to that goal and encourage you to apply and to identify your strengths in this area.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
- Minimum of a masters degree
- Strong record of teaching anatomy and physiology lecture and laboratory
- Experience with team-based instruction and curriculum development
- Strong record of supervising adjunct faculty and teaching assistants
- Ability to develop shared classroom resources
- Licensed as a health professional in New England
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse student and faculty populations
- Experience in curriculum incorporating Interprofessional Education (IPE) activities
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will close on January 4, 2019.
Required Applicant Materials:
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Philosophy and Experience - Please include 1) description of previous teaching experience with a list of courses taught, and 2) teaching philosophy and style
- Sample syllabus
- Sample course evaluations
- Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.