Assistant/Associate Professor - Counseling Psychology
Job Summary: About the Counseling and Counseling Psychology Area: The Counseling and Counseling Psychology area is a dynamic, social justice-oriented program area with strong support from the College of Education, Health and Aviation. The Counseling and Counseling Psychology area includes options in mental health counseling and school counseling at the master's level and counseling psychology at the doctoral level. Our master's programs offer courses both in Stillwater and in Tulsa, and are accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). Our counseling psychology doctoral program, based in Stillwater, is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
Our area offers unique teaching, research, and outreach opportunities for multidisciplinary collaboration with Health Education and Promotion, Gender Studies, Educational Psychology, School Psychology, K-12 education faculty, and the McNair Scholars program on campus. In the community, there are opportunities to work with underserved populations such as American Indians, gender identity minorities and/or sexual/affectional orientation minorities, and both rural-based and urban populations in and around Stillwater, and nearby Tulsa and Oklahoma City. The Counseling and Counseling Psychology programs have strong local connections to school systems and community based agencies.
- Teach graduate courses in Counseling and Counseling Psychology
- Participate and serve as a mentor in the American Counseling Association and/or the American Psychological Association and their affiliates
- Collaborate with other university and community agencies
- Maintain an active research program that responds to our land grant mission and is impactful at the national level
- Provide service in the School, College, University, community and at state, regional and national levels within the American Counseling Association and/or the American Psychological Association and the and its affiliates.
- Provide clinical supervision for Counseling and Counseling Psychology students
- Other duties may be assigned by the School Head
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): Commensurate