Assistant Professor - English Education
Job Summary: Responsibilities for this faculty position include:
- Conducting a program of focused research and publication;
- Teaching undergraduate courses in English Education and secondary education;
- Teaching graduate literacy courses in our EMSK12 master's, our graduate certificate in effective teaching, and in the Language, Literacy, and Culture option of the Ph.D. program;
- Mentoring and advising masters and doctoral students;
- Collaborating with public schools and university faculty (Stillwater and Tulsa campuses) to address the needs of adolescents and educators as well as the community; and,
- Engaging in professional service at the program, school, university, national, and international levels.
The successful candidate will appreciate the University's land grant mission and embrace the opportunity to make a positive impact on the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation, and the world through high-quality and integrated teaching, research, and service. Strong commitment to collaboration and collegiality are highly valued. Secondary education faculty members will work with others within the program, college, and community to enhance and expand existing strengths and increase the positive impact of the program on education in the state of Oklahoma, the region, and the nation.
Hiring Range:(Contingent upon available funding): Commensurate