Librarian III - Collection Management and Acquisitions
Librarian III - Collection Management and Acquisitions
Min Salary: $45,000.00
Temporary End Date (if applicable):
Close Date: 01/07/2019
General Statement of Job
The Librarian III - Collection Management and Acquisitions manages and coordinates the acquisition, cataloging, and processing of library materials. Supervises collection management activities. Supervises and trains assigned staff.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages and supervises library acquisition of print and digital resources including purchases and subscriptions.
2. Coordinates with professional library staff members serving as library liaisons to develop and maintain a balanced library collection that meets the needs of the College.
3. Coordinates, in collaboration with the Library Automation Team, the evaluation, implementation, usage data collection, and ongoing maintenance of the electronic resource collection through the life cycle of each resource.
4. Leads efforts to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing electronic resources, and collaborates with stakeholders in exploration into new types of electronic content and services.
5. Supervises interlibrary loan services.
6. Oversees and delegates technical aspects of cataloging activity according to national and local standards of bibliographic control and the processing of library materials including monographs, serials, and digital resources.
7. Catalogs library materials online according to national and local standards of bibliographic control.
8. Coordinates the collection of data relating to cataloging and materials processing activities.
9. Manages the print and digital acquisitions budget.
10. Oversees the library's role in identifying and ensuring standardized access to Open Education Resource (OER) materials in collaboration with other campus stakeholders.
11. Oversees the creation of meta data and bibliographic cataloging of Open Education Resource (OER) materials developed by the faculty of the College.
12. Ensures accuracy and compliance with national and local standards for bibliographic control.
13. Works with the library administrative team to provide progressive, team oriented leadership.
14. Coordinates with the Purchasing department in the creation and evaluation of Request for Proposals (RFP) and Request for Quotes (RFQ).
15.Provides an environment that fosters personal and professional employee development.
16. Facilitates the use of library resources, materials and equipment, including the use of electronic information resources by library users.
17. Collaborates with internal and external entities to provide instruction and training opportunities regarding the availability and use of library resources to library staff and campus faculty.
18. Assists in the completion of required reports including Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) and Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS).
19. Provides instruction and training opportunities on the use of library resources to library staff and faculty.
20. Provides library instruction in accordance with Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL) guidelines for academic libraries.
21. Assists in developing and maintaining assigned circulating and reference collections through collection development.
22. Serves on departmental and College teams and committees.
23. Serves as Library Services liaison to academic departments and/or other College departments.
24. Develops and maintains print and electronic self-instructional guides to library resources and services for patron use.
25. Develops and maintains subject guides and related subject specific electronic resources.
26. Coordinates the collection of data regularly reported by campus library staff.
27. Assists in developing and implementing district-wide services and procedures.
28. Builds and maintains good public/working relations with those with whom the position requires interaction.
29. Keeps abreast of and follows current library policies, procedures and protocols.
30. Keeps abreast of current developments in specific job related fields.
31. Provides research assistance and library services to the College community (students, faculty, staff and community users).
32. Recommends for hire, supervises, trains, assigns schedules, and evaluates assigned staff; provides guidance concerning personal and professional development.
33. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
1. American Library Association (ALA) accredited Master's Degree in Library Science and/or Information Science required.
2. At least four (4) years of library experience required.
3. Recent academic library experience, preferred.
4. Experience in the acquisition of print and digital library materials required.
5. At least two (2) years of supervisory experience required.
Checks, Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
1. All applicants are subject to a national criminal background check under South Texas College policy.
2. Security Sensitive position: In addition, subject to federal background check.
3. Must have a valid Texas driver's license and proof of liability insurance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Texas College is an equal education and equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer. As an equal education institution and equal opportunity employer, the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, genetic information, or veteran status. Discrimination is prohibited and the College will comply with all applicable College policies, and state and federal legislation. This policy extends to individuals seeking employment with and admission to the College.
Title IX Statement
Title IX of the Education Amendments 1972 (20 U.S.C. s1681 et seq.) and its implementing regulations, 34 C.F.R. Part 106 (Title IX), “No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.”
To apply, visit: https://stcjobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/11498
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency