Senior Director of Digital Communications
Senior Director of Digital Communications
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of Marketing and Communications, University of the Pacific's Senior Director of Digital Communications is responsible for developing, managing and executing effective digital communications strategies. As the most senior lead for all digital channels and touchpoints for Pacific's three campuses (Stockton, Sacramento and San Francisco), the Senior Director of Digital Communications provides leadership, vision and strategy for websites, e-communications, digital properties and digital experiences to ensure alignment with and support of the university's mission, vision, values, brand, reputation and strategic goals. Brings a deep and diverse understanding of new and emerging digital technologies and best practices; web design, development and management; analytics; email marketing; content strategy; SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and SEM (Search Engine Marketing); as well as a working knowledge of contemporary content management systems, project management, web analytics and social media strategy. Works collaboratively with marketing and communications colleagues to reach target audiences and drive organic and paid traffic to the university's online touchpoints. Establishes metrics and interprets and communicates research and data effectively to garner cross-divisional participation and support. Supervises web communications manager, web content specialist and web project manager.
1. Advises and counsels senior-level colleagues on results-oriented, user-focused digital marketing and communications strategy and execution.
2. Drawing on sound strategic thinking, develops and executes a strategic plan for campus digital communications, including SEO and SEM.
3. Identifies key performance indicators and tracks them across the entire customer journey and for each channel; continually reports results to senior leadership and makes improvements to meet goals.
4. Sets the digital vision and works with the team to investigate, recommend and implement new enhancements that can increase revenue and improve Pacific's overall digital user experience.
5. Encourages connectivity and collaboration within the team and across the university to create an optimal digital user experience; coordinates closely with fellow members of the marketing and communications leadership team to support ongoing integration of overall strategy, messaging and brand experience.
6. Proactively discovers areas of improvement and recommends thoughtful solutions to leadership.
7. Conceptualizes and implements strong search campaigns to support marketing and communications plans.
8. Comes prepared to defend recommendations and decisions with insightful thinking that draws from experience, deep analysis of metrics and input from colleagues.
9. Fosters an entrepreneurial, positive and professional environment; drives innovation through discovery and fosters excitement and collaboration.
10. Stewards a positive and productive partnership with Pacific Technology, the university's information technology team.
11. Demonstrates and models for team members excellent interpersonal communications and presentation skills to build, cultivate and maintain partnerships throughout the university community.
12. Approaches each stakeholder as a valued customer to promote effective, quality, service-oriented exchanges with both internal and external partners.
13. Stays up to date with industry news and best practices to maintain a deep understanding of the current digital marketing landscape, the university's constituencies and emerging trends.
14. Coaches and mentors direct reports, helping them to develop relevant skill sets and create plans to grow professionally; sets clear performance expectations and goals for direct reports; supports them in achieving their goals and holds them accountable for performance.
15. Manages third-party, web and social media-related vendors, including contracting through the RFP, RFQ or RFI process, managing performance standards and timelines and cultivating and growing relationships.
16. Participates in crisis management training and protocol and is enlisted in drills and for campus emergencies.
17. Helps maintain the university brand/image by reviewing and approving new sites/content, including third-party vendor sites.
18. Creates and enforces web and social media policies and procedures to ensure best practices are followed in university branding, web and social media content and style, accessibility and web governance.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking or standing, occasional climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work performed during standard and non-standard business hours. Must be available (on-call) evenings, weekends, and after hours for emerging, high-risk and emergency situations (24/7) as needed. Some travel required, primarily within state.
Commensurate with experience, exempt
Background Check Statement
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must pass a criminal background check.
AA/EEO Policy Statement University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
For more information and to apply, visit: https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/13059
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency