P/T Program Specialist (WCC) – High School Partnerships
DEPARTMENT/DIVISION: Academic Affairs
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Office of High School Partnerships (OHSP) is seeking a Program Specialist (part-time, grant-funded) to assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of our partnerships with local high schools and on-campus programs for high school students. This individual will be responsible for a portfolio of high schools including relationship management, student support and data collection. Under the general supervision of the Assistant Dean of High School Partnerships, the P/T Program Specialist will:
- Represent Westchester Community College Office of High School Partnerships through outreach to partner area high schools.
- Communicate with school administrators and teachers on dual enrollment and coursework offered in collaboration with Westchester Community College.
- Coordinate and plan dual enrollment registration process, class rosters and data collection from partner high school teachers.
- Use data to monitor student progress toward completion, transfer and career placement at key intervals as set forth by grant and college targets and offers referral to intervention and resources where appropriate.
- Attend meetings to ensure that program goals and objectives are clearly defined and effective services are provided.
- Conduct and facilitate workshops/training programs and campus visits based on needs of students and the goals of funding sources.
- Plan and coordinate summer bridge programs for students participating in High School Partnership programs.
- All other duties, as required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: A minimum of a Bachelor's degree and two years of experience in the field of education, educational administration, recruitment and/or training, or in the analysis of program operations, marketing or customer services. Computer skills in Microsoft Office are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree is preferred. Experience working with high schools and a familiarity with college curriculum is strongly preferred. Computer skills in PeopleSoft also strongly preferred.
POSITION EFFECTIVE: The position will remain open until filled.
HOURLY RATE OF PAY: $33.92/hour. No benefits. This position is fully grant funded.
TO APPLY: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States at the time of hire. Send resumes, cover letters, three (3) professional references and copies of transcripts to: [email protected]. Please indicate CODE: IHE “P/T Program Specialist (WCC)-High School Partnerships” in the subject line of the email or mail to:
Director, Human Resources
Westchester Community College
Administration Building – Suite B42
75 Grasslands Road
Valhalla, NY 10595
Fax: (914) 606-7838
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Westchester Community College provides accessible, high quality and affordable education to meet the needs of our diverse community. We are committed to student success, academic excellence, workforce development, economic development and lifelong learning. Westchester Community College is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer.