Dean of Carthage Business School
The University of Tunis Carthage offers an exciting leadership position as Dean of the Carthage Business School. This position is of particular interest to current or Emeritus Dean/Associate Dean/Accreditation Managers who are interested in:
- Leading one of the most prominent private business schools towards the first AACSB accreditation in North Africa;
- Building on a 25 years history of excellence in teaching and developing a business school research's capabilities from the ground up;
- Leading the business school's efforts to have an impact on the development of the country's economic system.
Founded in 1993, University of Tunis Carthage is the most prestigious private university in Tunisia. The University is accredited by the Tunisian Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research. UTC combines wide-ranging resources with an intimate learning environment, all within a stunning urban campus located in a residential suburb of Tunis just 10-minute drive from Tunis Downtown and 5-minute away from Carthage, the great city of antiquity and today an upscale residential neighborhood along the glistening shores of the azure Mediterranean. The campus is also a few miles away from the picturesque blue-and-white Village of Sidi Bou Said overlooking the Mediterranean sea.
UTC is a co-ed institution that offers top-notch education with small classes, close student-faculty interaction, and various international educational experiences. Home to around 500 students, UTC offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in two Schools:
- Carthage Business School
- Carthage School of Architecture and Design
The University of Tunis Carthage seeks a dynamic, student-focused, passionate Dean who will lead its School of Business through the AACSB initial accreditation journey. Benefiting from a small student-centered culture, the business school has 300 undergraduate and graduate students, and growing executive education programs. Reporting directly to the vice-President and University President, the Dean of the School of Business will have full support from all University stakeholder to successfully lead the School's AACSB initial accreditation application. The Dean's responsibilities include:
- Responsible for obtaining AACSB Accreditation and meeting accreditation standards.
- Guide the development and implementation of strategic plans to align the School with the AACSB Standards and ensure all initiatives are consistent with the School's accreditation objective.
- Responsible for selecting, evaluating, promoting and retaining high-quality faculty and staff
- Supervise and evaluates research-oriented faculty.
- Provide consultation to faculty regarding the preparation of research proposals, potential funding sources, design and methodology, and interpretation of results.
- Ensure the quality and impact of research produced by faculty.
- Advocate for the School of Business and the University with business leaders, international partners, and the accreditation mentor and review team.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Doctoral degree from an AACSB accredited institution and a record of recognized research, scholarship and teaching accomplishments and at least five years of progressive experience in academic administration.
- A long experience with AACSB accreditation assessment processes.
- Minimum of five years of successful academic administrative and leadership experience at an AACSB-accredited institution as a dean or associate dean.
- Experience in promoting faculty entrepreneurialism in research, teaching, and service.
- A record that shows a meaningful commitment to and demonstrated accomplishment in promoting faculty's research.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A generous benefits package is provided including front-beach housing on the Mediterranean, four round-trip tickets for Dean and companion to their home country, a dedicated driver and cook, a car...
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. If interested, please email us and we will let you know the needed documents for a complete application.
Inquiries, nominations, and applications are confidential and should be directed to: