Service Center Specialist
Service Center Specialist
Posting Number: R0001808
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Position Summary:Willamette University is pleased to announce a non-exempt, full time, year round position for a Service Center Specialist within the Service Center Department.
As a member of the Service Center staff the Service Center Specialist is responsible for providing the highest quality to staff, faculty, students, and guests. The Service Center Specialist serves as a resource, answers questions, addresses, and resolves conflicts in a professional manner at all times. Working in a fast paced environment, this positions plays an integral part of the front line staff of the Service Center team, professional appearance, consistent attendance and a team orientation are important.
The position requires discretion, confidentiality, organizational ability, and strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills in working with staff, students, faculty, and individuals outside the University.
The duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of significance:
- This function/position has been designated as essential. This means that when the University is faced with an institutional emergency, the employee in such position may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Willamette.
- Acts as a member of the Service Center staff, providing the highest quality service to staff, faculty, students, and guests. Greets visitors, provides assistance and information as appropriate, and handling of “walk in” requests. Engages in extensive public and telephone contact.
- Models and supports an ethic of “highest quality” consumer service. Ensures consumer satisfaction with the Service Center.
- Performs work at the highest level of professionalism, ensuring the success of the Service Center, University Services, and the University.
- Serves as a resource, answers questions, addresses and resolves conflicts. Seeks successful resolution of conflicts which affect the reputation and operation of the Service Center and Service Center Desk.
- Operates computerized identification card production system and produces student and employee identification cards.
- Operates computerized card access software system and assists with maintenance of the associated database.
- Assists with coordinating campus debit card issues, and operates the campus card software.
- Responsible for accurate record keeping of computerized and paper files in support of the card-access and ID card systems. Seeks continuous process improvements for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assesses and prioritizes calls. Determines conditions, time frames that must be met to ensure effective service and safety, and determines actions to be taken. Coordinates each call to the proper source of assistance according to the specific call type.
- Manages all parking-related issues such as issuing parking permits and tracking and billing parking citations and appeals.
- Dispatches routine and emergency radio calls to officers. Researches and provides any information that may be required by Campus Safety Officers in the performance of their duties.
- Coordinates emergency and some routine maintenance issues with the Facilities Maintenance Department.
- Manages lost and found property, including inventorying and disposal.
- Assists in training student workers that work in Student Parking Enforcement and Student Dispatches.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relations with supervisor, coworkers, University employees, student and the community.
- Safeguards the confidentiality of departmental and University administration by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students and staff, and handling confidential materials.
- Performs other functions as assigned by the Service Center Manager.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Demonstrated knowledge of effective strategies for leading and serving diverse staff, faculty, and external constituents.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of diversity and inclusion best practices.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite. Proficiency with word processing and/or spreadsheet software.
- Willingness to learn new applications and technology related to the job.
- Minimum of two years of progressively responsible customer service experience, preferably in higher education.
- The ability to respond to emergency and stressful situations calmly and effectively.
- Strong service orientation with excellent interpersonal and communication skills; proven ability to interact with a wide variety of constituency with tact and diplomacy.
- Knowledge or ability to learn the interdepartmental operational procedures within the Services Center that include Campus Safety, Scheduling, Events and Conferences and Facility Services to ensure successful delivery of service within the Service Center.
- Commitment to a high level of customer service and experience in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude, professionalism, service-centered philosophy, and teamwork.
- Strong attention to detail, able to multi-task and understand the importance of timely follow-through.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to be creative and take individual initiative and responsibility.
- Ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Ability to operate radio communications equipment.
- Ability to work independently as well as demonstrated ability to promote successful community relations with co-workers, the campus community, and the public.
- This position is subject to a criminal conviction record check.
- Software, Door access software systems, and service request management systems. CBORD Software, Datatel Software, EMS Experience working with
- Knowledge and understanding of dispatching procedures highly desirable.
You will need to upload the following two documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Service-Center-Specialist_R0001808
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency