Job Number: 81527
The Stanford School of Medicine is at the forefront of medical education, training the next generation healthcare leaders. The Master of Science in PA Studies (MSPA) program educates Physician Assistant (PA) students to become not only competent clinicians, but trailblazers in the fields of medicine.
The MSPA program is seeking an energetic, detail-oriented Admissions Officer to administer its admissions processes with minimal supervision. The Admissions Officer will participate in, and most often manage, all aspects of the admissions cycle, including but not limited to portal management, file review, application management, and event coordination. The primary responsibilities for this position will be application management and the coordination, execution, and evaluation of the applicant interviews.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Read, evaluate, and make first-level recommendations on applications
- Manage the online application portal (CASPA), to include funneling applications to the internal review system
- Manage applications through the internal review system
- Serve the primary point of contact for all admissions-related matters to both internal and external stakeholders, particularly prospective students
- Coordinate all resources required for interviews, including liaising with faculty, staff, and student volunteers, as well as University stakeholders such as MedScheduler and catering, and external stakeholders as necessary
- Assist in management of and compliance with the interview-related budget
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Able to quickly learn/strong affinity for web-based software platforms
- Knowledge of project planning techniques, and demonstrated ability to develop and execute new projects
- Experience in admissions, student affairs, or related field a plus but not required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and make distinctions among competitive applicants
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Program planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Professional presentation skills
- Basic computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic analysis and problem solving skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Relevant computer systems/technology experience.
- Understanding of financial transactions.
- Ability to learn and understand compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Occasionally stand, walk, twist, use fine manipulation, grasp, use a telephone, write by hand, sort and file paperwork, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
May work extended or non-standard hours based on project or business needs.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency