Instructor/Assistant Professor of Anatomy
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MU-COM) seeks an anatomy faculty member at the level of instructor or Assistant Professor. This position contributes to the education of graduate students seeking the Master’s degree in the Biomedical Sciences within MU-COM. This faculty member will provide classroom instruction that allows learners to acquire fundamental knowledge of the detailed structures of the human body and to understand the relationship between structure and function. Teaching responsibilities will be in the Anatomy 1 and 2 segments of the BMS curriculum which is intended to provide students a basic appreciation of histology and embryology in addition to general gross anatomy.
- Teach human anatomy to include histology and embryology at a level appropriate for beginning graduate students
- Develop curriculum for the graduate anatomy courses and engage in continuous improvement of the curriculum
- Participate in BMS program-related service activities as well as COM and University service
- Collaborate with COM faculty on scholarship, grants and other scholarly pursuits
- Participate or plan and conduct research relevant to the candidate’s area of professional expertise
- Work with other BMS faculty to guide students as a mentor and to coordinate content between courses
- May interface with and contribute to the teaching efforts of the Osteopathic Medicine Anatomy program as workload permits
- Other duties as assigned
- MS or PhD in anatomy or appropriate related field that would support teaching at the graduate level.
- Prior teaching experience with medical or graduate students would be an advantage and is strongly desired.
- Experience serving as a course director and ability to teach in a large group setting is desired.
- Individuals with a research program, mentorship of graduate students doing research would be possible and service on thesis committees would be expected.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with students, faculty, and staff
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Adheres to Marian University’s policy and procedures
- Shows courtesy and respect in interactions with fellow employees, students subordinates, and supervisors
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Department issues
- Meets department productivity standards
- Participates in developing department goals, objective, and systems
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Marian University offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and full Marian University undergraduate tuition benefits for employees and their family. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current CV with evidence of outstanding teaching and professional activities, names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to [email protected] will be considered. Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply for Instructor/Assistant Professor of Anatomy
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly