Manager of Advancement Data and Research
Marian University has an immediate opening for a detail-oriented and data-driven professional to serve as the Manager of Advancement Data and Research. The successful candidate will report to the Director of Advancement Operations with primary responsibility for the fundraising database, the Raiser’s Edge, and supporting the university’s comprehensive fundraising efforts by discovering and researching individuals with—or whom are believed to have—the capacity to make a significant gift to Marian University.
Responsibilities to include but not be limited to:
- Database Administrator
- Convert student records to alumni at the time of graduation or leaving Marian
- Import new students and parents to the database annually at the start of the academic year
- Maintain and update technology needs related to the advancement database, the Raiser’s Edge and RENXT
- Manage the pledge reminder and recurring gift process for Development Officers
- Provide lists for all appeals sent through annual giving, major giving, stewardship and/or planned/deferred giving efforts; ensure lists are tracked in the database
- Serve as the primary point of contact and knowledge for the Raiser’s Edge database; provide ongoing training and support for staff and volunteers
- Prospect/Donor Research
- Facilitate prospect and donor research for President, Vice President, and Development Officers in their efforts to secure financial resources for Marian University
- Facilitate prospect and donor research for select university events and all advancement events; provide briefing documents to university and advancement leadership in advance of events
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend prospects to the Executive Director of Development through use of a board range of resources to assess their financial ability and propensity to support the strategic goals of Marian University
- Make recommendations and compile proactive research to assist the development team in meeting their fundraising goals
- Qualify prospects through quantitative and qualitative analysis of biographical and financial data
- Respond to research requests in a timely manner
- Review and disseminate local and national news and business publications, keeping abreast of trends and articles of note; communicate their potential effect on current and potential donors
- Strong writing, summarizing, proofreading and editing skills must be employed to gather and evaluate complex biographical and financial data from various sources; present information in a clear and cohesive manner
- Support the development of prospect lists to serve in volunteer capacities for the university and department (Board of Trustees, alumni association, parent council, etc.)
- Utilize best practices to increase the size and quality of the prospect pool of donors through screenings, prospecting, and analysis
- Assist the Assistant Director of Advancement Operations in managing the endowed scholarship process (awards listing, updated financial data in the database, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, manage multiple projects with competing priorities, and to meet challenging deadlines
- Serve as backup to the Gift Entry Specialist in entering gifts and pledges in the database
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Have knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Have two to five years of related advancement experience, preferably in higher education.
- Have experience with databases/CRM systems; experience with the Raiser’s Edge database preferred.
- Commit to collegiality and collaborative decision-making.
- Have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills using verbal, written, and electronic mediums.
- Be able to work both independently and in a team environment, often with limited direction.
- Be willing to conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Be highly detail oriented and have an effective skillset in Microsoft Office programs.
- Exhibit professionalism and high ethical standards for maintaining confidential information.
- Understand that events and activities outside of work hours—including some nights and weekends—are necessary to perform the duties of this job satisfactorily.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current resume and names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to [email protected] will be considered. Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply for Manager of Advancement Data and Research
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly