Transfer Admission Counselor
Marian University is a Catholic, comprehensive, regional institution of higher learning is seeking a Transfer Admission Counselor for of the Office of Undergraduate Admission. The Transfer Admission Counselor will serve as one of the front line members of the dynamic admissions team responsible for attracting and recruiting students to Marian University. Because the Transfer Admissions Counselor will be responsible for cultivating applications from transfer students who have already attended college in some form, the selected candidate must understand the unique needs of this population and share a commitment to working across campus to remove barriers to transfer success. He/she must feel comfortable advocating for and being a champion for transfer students, with excellent communication skills that will allow him/her to work not only with prospective students and parents but also with Marian University faculty, academic advisors, and when needed, administrators. Because transfer students have in-depth questions about credit evaluations, time to degree and other enrollment logistics, the selected candidate will understand that attention-to-detail, timely follow-up, and strong organization are the keys to successful recruitment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Helps set, and meet or exceed enrollment goals in collaboration with the Director for Transfer Admission and the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
- Work with members of the enrollment division to develop and implement strategies to generate and complete undergraduate transfer applications for admission.
- Maintains consistent contact with all prospects, applicants, and admitted students throughout the recruitment cycle.
- Communicate with advisors and counselors to cultivate strong relationships and develop enrollment pipelines.
- Attend college fairs and plan campus visits to generate interest and cultivate relationships, with a specific focus on developing relationships with Ivy Tech Community College campuses and 2-year colleges in Indiana.
- Counsels prospective students on the academic programs offered by the university and available forms of financial aid.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of on-campus recruitment events for prospective transfer students.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all Marian University programs, including academic, athletic and extracurricular programs.
- Monitors applicant files to ensure complete files and to facilitate the acceptance process.
- Ensure timely completion of transfer credit evaluations, completing thorough training with the Registrar.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Transfer Admission.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of and commitment to the mission of Marian University.
- Bachelor’s degree and prior admission experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently yet collaboratively with colleagues, students, and supervisors.
- Must have exceptional communication skills and organization skills.
- Must have the ability to interpret data and draw valid conclusions.
- A high level of energy and self-motivation along with the ability to interact with a variety of people.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Position requires some evening and weekend work.
- Must hold and maintain a valid Indiana Driver’s License without restriction.
Marian University is located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation's preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks in the Top 25 of US News & World Report's list of Midwest Region colleges, as well as Money magazine's list of Top 10 schools in Indiana "For Your Money". Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university's culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 10 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state's first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University's football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015 in 9 years of existence. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required application materials include a current resume, a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position, and the names and addresses of three current references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to [email protected] will be considered.
Marian University is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply for Transfer Admission Counselor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly