Assistant Director for Admission for Graduate Health Programs
Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Director of Admission for Graduate Health Programs. Reporting to the Executive Director of Graduate Admission, the Assistant Director for Admission for Graduate Health Programs is responsible for outreach to pre-health profession advisors and prospective students in colleges and universities throughout Indiana, the Midwest, and beyond- with particular attention to mission-specific and feeder schools. The Assistant Director will assist in planning and implementing recruitment strategies and visitations programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to inquiries and counsel prospective students.
- Process applications with AACOMAS and MU-COM supplemental applications.
- Plan for and travel to colleges and universities for pre-health student recruiting events.
- Represent graduate health programs at regional/national pre-health, nursing, science, and life science conferences as well as at Catholic, Franciscan, and independent colleges/universities.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with pre-health profession advisors, faculty program directors, and corporate partners.
- Develop and maintain communication and marketing plans for the health professions.
- Plan and execute events for prospective and accepted students and their family members.
- Create and maintain a campus visit program.
- Assist with targeted recruitment plans for underrepresented, women, and high achieving students.
- Supervise student ambassador program.
- Maintain inquiry database including GRE search names.
- Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
- Understand current and future markets, entry points, and building of networks and contacts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and a commitment to the mission of Marian University
- Bachelor’s degree in education, counseling, leadership, management, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Graduate degree in one of the above mentioned disciplines is preferred.
- Professional school admissions office experience is highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to write correspondence and to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Ability to meet deadlines for meetings, projects, reports, and assignments.
- Must have strong computer skills as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Located within 10 minutes of downtown Indianapolis, Marian University is one of the nation’s preeminent Catholic institutions of higher learning, and ranks as one of US News & World Report’s top universities in the Midwest Region. Marian University was founded in 1937 by the Sisters of St. Francis, Oldenburg, Indiana, and the Franciscan Values that the Sisters ingrained into the university’s culture are still prevalent today. The university has experienced tremendous growth in the past 15 years under the leadership of President Daniel J. Elsener, including the opening of the Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2013 – the state’s first new medical school in 110 years. Marian University’s football team has captured the NAIA national championship in 2012 and 2015. In 2016 and 2017, the women’s basketball team won back-to-back NAIA national championships. Marian University is also home to the most successful collegiate cycling program in the nation, which currently holds 42 national titles.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Required materials include: letter of application, current resume and names and contact information of three professional references. Only complete applicant packets submitted to [email protected] will be considered. Marian University is an EOE and is committed to diversity and encourages persons from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Apply for Assistant Director for Admission for Graduate Health Programs
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly