Advanced Practice Provider - Senior Instructor
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Advanced Practice Provider - Senior Instructor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Within an outpatient ambulatory practice setting, within the context of a clinical care team and a Patient Centered Medical Home practice, provide full spectrum ambulatory care including, but not limited to, chronic disease management, acute and "urgent" care, and wellness and preventative care for adult and pediatric patients.
We are hiring for clinics around the metro Denver area.
The Advanced Practice Provider (APP) evaluates, assesses, diagnosis, prescribes and educates patients regarding their particular illness or chronic disease. The position provides high quality primary care to all patients, evaluate and treat acute and chronic problems for the patient population, complete histories, thorough assessments and physical examinations on all patients with accurate and complete documentation reflected in medical records and collaborates and communicates with other departments and colleagues, such as the pharmacy to ensure optimal patient care
Full Time Clinical Position = 1 cFTE: 8 "4 hour sessions" or 32 clinical contact hours/week and two half day sessions (8 hours)/week dedicated to completion of medical records, laboratory result management, and communication with patients. Clinical time includes responsibilities in patient care, clinic functioning and student precepting.
1. Clinical Care
- Provide quality, accessible, cost-effective primary care for patients.
- Provide direct patient care for acute care patients who require/request same-day appointments.
- Maintain a small continuity panel of patients.
- Collaborate as appropriate with medical staff in the care of complex patients.
- Interact with other health professionals to create guidelines and coordinate patient care.
- Collaborate with other team members in chronic disease management and patient care management.
- Participate in phone call system for after-hours issues.
- Provide quality care for other populations as assigned.
- Support and collaborate with medical, nursing and office staff.
- Provide teaching experiences for students (medical, nursing, pharmacy, physician assistant, nurse practitioner) as requested. Participate in the education and training of residents as requested and appropriate for clinical site.
- Assist in the coordination of patient health education/self-management support.
- Provide input into staff and interdisciplinary education as needed.
- Disseminate information to health care professionals about health care issues.
- Participate in clinical research and other scholarly activities appropriate to the academic rank.
- Participate in ongoing QI/UR evaluation.
- Initiate relevant researches and disseminate ongoing research information relevant to clinical/education environments as time and resources allow.
4. Quality Improvement
- Participate in clinic quality improvement teams
- Serve in leadership role within the clinic or pod as designated by the medical director
- Participate in ongoing and new quality improvement projects within the clinic and in other settings as assigned.
- Participate in clinic and provider meetings.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Masters/Doctor of Nursing practice degree or graduation from an NCCPA-approved physician assistant program
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse and Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in the State of Colorado.
- Completion of required 1,000 hours (provisional prescription authority/mentorship) or other minimum as defined by State of Colorado in order to obtain full prescriptive authority and DEA registration.
- Medicare/Medicaid credentials.
- Unrestricted DEA license and current CPR license.
- National certification by ANCC or AANP as family or adult nurse practitioner (if FNP).
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served; the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs, and to provide the care needed as described in the office's policies and procedures.
- Ability to consult with supervisory physicians on patient care and administrative issues.
- Able to document history, physical examinations, assessments and treatment plans for each patient by using the electronic medical record and enter follow-up diagnostic testing and laboratory studies that have been ordered.
- Able to discuss and promote wellness for all patients.
- Knows when and how to refer patients to other health care professionals when the care that needs to be provided is beyond their scope of practice.
- Proven effectiveness in working with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socio-economic backgrounds
- Working knowledge of HIPAA
- Ability to prioritize and respond to emergencies in a calm manner.
- Ability to verbalize information/directions clearly and concisely.
- Ability to administer patient medications properly.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to analyze, prioritize, and resolve patient and office problems.
- Ability to participate effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to simultaneously perform multiple tasks and complete administrative duties correctly and on time.
- Two years (full time) of practice experience working in a Patient Centered Medical Home/Ambulatory Family Medicine and/or Adult Medicine practice preferred.
- Experience in higher education.
- Supervisory Experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:We are hiring for multiple positions around the Denver Metro area. Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 5 professional references. 4.) Unofficial transcripts or a copy of diploma. Questions should be directed to Deanna Schroder at [email protected]
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20148 - SOM-Family Medicine
Posting Date: Dec 17, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Deanna Schroder
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756738