Education Program Coordinator - Pediatric Neurology (Academic Services Professional)
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics -Section of Neurology
Education Program Coordinator (Academic Services Professional)
Position #756800 - CU Careers Requisition #15377
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
Nature of work:
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Education Program Coordinator (Academic Services Professional) position. This position will work to support the educational endeavors of the Department of Pediatrics, Section of Neurology. This position will work with the Education Program Coordinator (Academic Services Senior Professional) to provide operational support to the residency and fellowship programs within the Section of Neurology. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the NeuroPsychology & Child Neurology Neurohospitalist fellowship program, including all aspects of recruitment, Fellow schedules, and working with the Program Director to ensure the program meets all compliance requirements. The position will oversee the administration of the child neurology 3rd year medical student rotation. This includes schedule creations, student orientations, and evaluation completion. The position will also provide some administrative support to the Child Neurology residency program in Medhub management for evaluations and schedules, retention of residency records and perform other duties as assigned.
Examples of work performed:
- Performs duties as related to planning, directing and coordinating academic, operational, of the fellowship programs for the Child Neurology Neurohopitalist and NeuroPsychology fellowship programs.
- Supports educational endeavors for the Neuro Science Institute (the NSI is currently creating a committee that will meet quarterly to identify these endeavors/initiatives).
- Assist with the creation and implement a Neuro Science Institute department wide communication plan for education. Creation of documents with content experts from various divisions, working with the head of each division to create the content. Approval by the group/division before disseminating.
- Assists Program Directors in the development and mapping of the program structures. Tasks will depend on the Program Director's needs, but may include editing, formatting, implementation, management, content development, etc.
- Works with program directors to ensure compliance with program requirements.
- Prepares report requests for internal and external accreditation visits, including GME, ACGME, ABPN, APA or other governing bodies.
- Oversees the organization and management of the annual fellowship recruitment process. Including marketing the position, in-taking all application materials, scheduling interview days, organizing meals, facilitating interview day tours and escorting candidates to and from each interview.
- Assists the Education Program Coordinator with the annual residency recruitment process.
- Assist in the development and management of Fellow program's ongoing electronic evaluation processes.
- Ensures fellows meet their clinical obligations. Including tracking the number of clinics, and number of submissions per fellow.
- On-boards new fellows and medical students.
- Creates annual and monthly schedules for fellows. Day-to-day schedules for 3rd and 4th year medical students who are rotating through the Neurology clinical experience, approximately 2-6 students per month.
- Attend the program coordinator meetings
- Assist the Education Program Coordinator and Program Directors in administrative duties, including but not limited to filing, answering phones, email communications for fellowship questions, training verifications, event coordination, travel logistics, some calendar management, recording minutes, copying/collating and scheduling.
- Attend all Campus GME coordinator meetings, the monthly GME program Director meetings, and other pertinent meetings.
- Assist Education Program Coordinator and Program Directors with the day-to-day operation of the Child Neurology Neurohopitalist Fellowship, NeuroPsychology Fellowship and medical students.
- Assist program with extramural funding for fellows/fellowship as needed.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation (for questions, please contact Jessica Martella at [email protected]do.org).
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
**Substitution: A combination of education and related technical and/or paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must successfully pass a 10-panel drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal and sex-offender background check
- Experience working with residents, staff, and faculty within a higher education and/or academic medical environment.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Word to develop, edit and update reports, letters and correspondence.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Excel to revise and maintain spreadsheets for reporting and tracking purposes.
- Experience in Assessment development.
- Experience in Curriculum development.
Required Competencies: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to interpret complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Must possess a professional demeanor and have experience that demonstrates problem solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, a fast learner and possess excellent time management.
- Ability to take direction and use independent judgment to coordinate various projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Adam Finney at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by December 31, 2018. Those who do not apply by December 31, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20947 - SOM-PEDS Neurology-GenOps
Posting Date: Dec 17, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Adam Finney
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756800