Geriatrics - 300702
UNTHealth has a mission to serve the people of Texas, advance the health of communities and support the mission of UNT Health Science Center.
* Through the compassionate delivery of quality healthcare services to a diverse population.
* By advancing medical knowledge with participation in research.
* By actively participating in the education of current and future healthcare providers.
* Through collaboration with communities to improve access of healthcare for all people.
The Geriatrics Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Manager, Research to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* In-depth understanding of project management, quality improvement, and research development.
* Guides groups and effectively coordinates multiple sources of work, allocates tasks, assesses and supervises others towards desired goals and objectives.
* Collects, analyzes, synthesizes and conveys information from various sources, with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
* Excellent communication and problem solving skills to develop and maintain relationships and facilitate collaboration among researchers, students, IHA, offices across the institution and other stakeholders.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and four (4) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* A degree in business, public health, public administration or related field preferred.
* Experience managing complex projects, working and communicating with executives and senior leaders, and community partners; or equivalent combination of education and experience in grant development and project management.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume with their online application.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled