Facilities Plan, Design & Cons
Provide planning, coordination, management and oversight of activities related to the successful turnover of Duke Health Facility construction projects for end-user occupancy,activation, and maintenance.
• Workclosely with the Duke Transition Manager, Duke Project Managers,and clients to facfacilitate relocationactivities and facility operations transitions required to successfullyactivate and occupy Duke HeHealth Facilitiesconstruction projects.
• Elicit input from departmental liaisons to prepare activationreadiness assessments for prprojects and deliverpresentations to Management and Administration.
• Lead Transition Planning Meetings in order to prepare documents setting forth project logistical specifications, sequencing, and activation tasks, as well as providing a forum for accountability for the various entities involved in the occupancy preparatory tasks and Go-Live support.
• Prepare and maintain an action log and activation calendar to ensure all items are completed within the approved timeline for each project's transition plan. Prepare and review project activation calcalendars to ensureloading dock availability, confirm vendor onsite dates/times, and ensure proper access and oversight for vendors.
• Coordinate technology logistics with Duke Health Technology Solutions and Duke University Office of Information Technology for ensuring implementation timelines are on schedule. To include, but not limited to various clinical engineering systems, networking, field service, audio/ visual, and wireless support.
• Coordinate with Facilities Services, EVS, Materials Management,Clinical Engineering, OESOESO, E&O or Landlord, Procurement and all other Duke internal support service departments as necessary to activate and occupy the new space.
• Coordinate with vendors to accomplish project-related moves -specialty vendors, consultants or movers. Assist with warehouse and vendor logistics and deployment, as needed
• Manage portfolio of prprojects under time critical timelines. Prepare status reports for FPDC management on a monthly basis. Advise supervisor in a timely manner when issues arise that need management support.
• Lead command center setup and implementation on the large capital projects.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Skills: Microsoft Office Suite of products to include Power Point,Word and Excel• Construction Drawing Reading• Estimating and Scheduling
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an Associate's degree in Drafting, Architecture, Designor a related field to develop appropriate technical skills andanalytical abilities.
Work requires five years of progressively responsible experience indrafting, architecture, design and/or project management to include jobestimating and project programming.A Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Design may offset two years ofrequired experience.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.