Assistant Professor in OB/GYN
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is recruiting a faculty member at the level of Assistant Professor with expertise in ovarian physiology. This position will contribute to the teaching, advising, research, and service missions of the Department and College of Medicine. The primary responsibilities of this individual will be to establish and maintain an active, extramurally supported research program in the area of reproductive physiology with an emphasis on ovarian biology.
Special consideration will be given to those individuals who have a demonstrated expertise in examining the impact of endocrine disrupting chemicals on the ovarian axis. Teaching activities will be assigned in accordance with departmental standards to meet departmental and college needs. The individual will be expected to teach students, residents, and fellows to contribute to research programs. The individual in this position will write and submit grant proposals, supervise research staff, and collect, analyze and publish study results.
Please include a CV along with application.
Assistant Professor in OB/GYN
7H502:OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY - ENDOCRINOLOGY
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Ph.D or equivalent
Required Related Experience
2 years Post Doc experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Special consideration will be given to those individuals who have a demonstrated expertise in examining the impact of endocrine disrupting chemicals on the ovarian axis.
Deadline to Apply
Open Untill Filled
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's Online Employment System?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Academic Keys
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter