The Cancer Center-Core Support is seeking a Bioinformatics Analyst.
This position is to provide prompt, comprehensive and state-of-the-art bioinformatics support for basic science, translational and clinical investigators at MCC (Markey Cancer Center).
The candidate will get involved in collaborating with MCC investigators, generating manuscripts, and developing competitive grant applications.
The candidate will process and analyze various types of genomics data generated from RNA-seq, DNA-seq, bisulfite sequencing, mass spectrometry and microarray. The candidate will also perform data mining from genomic data repositories and perform customized analyses for specific research projects.
The candidate is expected to have excellent knowledge in statistics and be proficient in R, C and Python programming.
7H025:CANCER CENTER-CORE SUPPORT
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
sitting for long periods of time and repetitive motion
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
R, C and Python programming;Knowledge in statistics;Bioinformatics software and data repositories.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Prefer Master's degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or related.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a Master's degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Computer Science or related?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter