The LPN is a member of the multidisciplinary ambulatory team who is responsible for patient care, patient satisfaction, and clinical outcomes. The LPN performs the duties for which they are trained such as starting IVs, simple wound dressings, and notifying the RN or LIP with any changes or abnormalities in the patients condition.
M3030:Cancer Clinic Services
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
No experience required.
Required License/ Registration/Certification
LPN - Kentucky Licensure
Requires handling of average weights or objects up to 25 pounds with some sitting, standing, or walking.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have an active, current LPN license to practice in the state of Kentucky, or are eligible to obtain that license by date of hire?
- * Did you graduate before September 13, 2004? Please choose the correct answer below.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 and I attended a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- Yes. I graduated before September 13, 2004 but I did not attend a KBN-approved IV certification course.
- I graduated after September 13, 2004 .
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience with scheduling systems, pre-certifications and ICD-9 coding.
- Pre-certifications or surgery scheduling
- Scheduling and pre-certifications
- UK scheduling systems, pre-certifications and ICD-9 coding
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your amount of paid employment experience working with oncology patients.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience as an LPN.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above