Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
The Internal Medicine - Medicine Specialty clinics (Digestive Health, Pulmonary, Nephrology) seeks an individual to provide front desk registration in the outpatient clinics.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to: greeting patients, registration, insurance verification, cash handling, medical record preparation, scheduling appointments, procuring new patient records, communicating information with patients via the telephone and in person, and answering telephone.
This position supports efficient patient care and clinic initiatives for improving patient attendance and keeping attendance records.
Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
7H362:INTERNAL MEDICINE & DIVISIONS - NEPHROLO
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
sitting at a computer for long periods of time
Mostly Monday-Friday days, other shifts as assigned.
This position requires the ability to multi-task, provide exceptional customer service, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, both in person and telephone, organizational and computers.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Previous registration and/or scheduling experience in physician office practice.
Outpatient experience and insurance experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you familiar with HIPAA requirements as they relate to patient documentation and billing?
- * Do you have customer service experience?
- * Please indicate your paid employment experience working in a clinic setting performing registration and check-out.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter