Job no: 497026
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Mechanical Engineering
Applications Open: Dec 17 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The Department Assistant will work within the Mechanical Engineering Department and will provide administrative and academic support to both the Mechanical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering Technology programs. The person may also provide some support to the College of Engineering.
Minimum Qualifications (Required):
• HS Diploma/GED equivalent; 3-5 years administrative experience
• Computer skills, including database management software
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working in a university setting
• Strong oral and written skills required for frequent communication, reporting and presentations
• Must be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and ability to multitask with no supervision
• Requires strong attention to detail and record keeping skills
• Ability to use discretion when implementing strategies to meet goals and priorities
• Desire to be engaged in the profession and participate in professional organizations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.