Box Office Clerk I
Elgin Community College
Box Office Clerk I
Elgin Community College (ECC) is a comprehensive, fully accredited community college located in Elgin, Illinois, one of its most rapidly growing cities. Our district encompasses 360 square miles, serving 400,000 people, 11,000 businesses with four public school districts and 15 high schools. ECC was selected as one of five Illinois community colleges to participate in the national Achieving the Dream (AtD) initiative. is a long-term national initiative that collaborates with community colleges to help more students earn degrees, complete certificates, or transfer to four-year institutions to continue their studies. The park-like setting of our 145 acre Main Campus offers instruction spanning nine major buildings with beautiful views. ECC also offers classes throughout the northwest suburbs of Chicago with more than 100 off-campus locations.
Provide prompt, friendly customer service to all Box Office patrons. Complete ticket purchases, provide accurate and helpful information.
1. Conduct sales and marketing transactions by telephone, mail, and/or in person. Process cash, personal checks, credit cards, and other certificates/vouchers using automated ticketing system. Serve as first contact to public. Answer box office phones promptly and professionally.
2. Conduct routine updates of ticketing system by extracting reports, data and other information as requested. Routinely review and update patron files to ensure accurate information for sales, marketing and research.
3. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all performances, artists and other events. Fulfill patron requests for information in a timely fashion.
4. Maintain a helpful and positive demeanor at all times to provide a positive experience for patrons and ensure a well-managed event. Resolve customer service issues; assist during emergencies, and alert management to any potential issues needing attention.
1. Assist department staff with administrative tasks, research projects, data collection, and other special duties.
2. Perform other duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Two years previous work experience processing transactions, i.e. payments, refunds, etc.
3. Basic computer skills.
4. Customer service experience.
5. Strong interpersonal skills.
For a detailed job posting and to apply, please visit our web site at:
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.