Instructor, Kinesiology and Head Coach-Women's Soccer
Golden West College
Instructor, Kinesiology and Head Coach-Women's Soccer
Salary: $52,394.00 - $124,911.00 Annually
Full job description and OFFICIAL application available ONLY at: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cccd/jobs/2293643/instructor-kinesiology-and-head-coach-womens-soccer?page=3&pagetype=promotionalJobs
Golden West College is currently seeking a full-time tenure track Kinesiology Instructor and Head Coach Women's Soccer commencing with the 2019 fall semester. The primary teaching assignment involves kinesiology. This assignment also includes curriculum and program development, participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities assuming leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole; collaboration across disciplines and the leveraging of student support resources; and participation in ongoing professional development.
The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online or off campus and is subject to change as needed. The ideal candidate for this position embraces the overall mission of the Coast Community College District, with a clear, focused commitment to supporting teaching and academic excellence, and student learning and success through the work of kinesiology.
Examples of Duties: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Head Coach Women's Soccer
1. Coordinate recruiting, budget development, practice/game management, fundraising, community involvement, and coaching staff.
2. Comply with all California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) and Orange Empire Conference (OEC) policies, rules, and regulations.
3. Provide support and encouragement and ensure the safety and well-being of the student-athletes. Mentor student-athletes in academics and supervise student social media use.
4. Maintain effective professional working relationship with student-athletes, staff, administrators, alumni and the general public with regularly scheduled media and public speaking engagements; develop community support for the program and fundraising.
5. The head coach is expected to perform all job-related coaching duties as assigned by the Athletic Director within the rules and regulations of the CCCAA, Orange Empire Conference, and Golden West College.
6. Provide instruction in kinesiology in accordance with established course outlines.
7. Provide leadership in the development and revision of kinesiology curriculum.
8. Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
9. Maintain current knowledge in the subject matter area.
10. Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
11. Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member including, but not limited to the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; submit student grades according to established deadlines; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district-wide activities and committees as assigned.
12. Assignment may include day, evening, weekend, and online sections.
Qualifications and Physical Demands
1. Must meet one of the following qualifications under (a) through (d):
a. Possess the California Community College Teaching Credential for this subject area.
b. Possess a Master's degree from an accredited institution in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education.
c. Possess a Bachelor's in any of the above AND Master's in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy.
d. OR, possess a combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent to the above. Candidates making an application on the basis of equivalency must submit an Application for Equivalency in addition to all other required materials.
2. Demonstrated cultural competency, sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
3. Ability to contribute to campus and district-wide professional responsibilities and activities.
4. Ability to complement existing staff, student and community demographics in terms of professional and personal skills.
• Evidence of the ability to plan, organize, and facilitate a state-wide competitive CCCAA soccer program.
• Experience in recruiting athletes.
• Knowledge of California Community Colleges Athletic Association and guidelines governing recruitment and retention of student-athletes.
• Six years of soccer coaching experience; preferably two years as a head coach.
• Educational and/or instructional preparation in kinesiology.
• A minimum of two years of recent experience teaching kinesiology or related area(s).
• Evidence of an ability to address, engage with and facilitate authentic learning for students of diverse backgrounds, cultures, and experiences.
• Evidence of an ability to self-reflect and respond to an evidenced-based assessment of student learning.
• Desire and demonstrated ability to participate actively in department, division, and college committees and in the shared governance of Coast Community College District.
• Ability to work with computers, and use the Internet and interactive technologies to engage students.
• Evidence of an ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
THE COAST COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER