Professional Research Assistant
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Nature of Work
PRA level with special requirements for handling of clinical and research specimens for the Surgical Pathology Archive and Biorepository Core Facility.
Examples of Work Performed
- Maintaining the surgical pathology Archive
- Fulfill clinical and research material requests
- Documentation of specimen request
- Physical and digital inventory management
- Data collection and management from clinical and research sources
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Candidate must display the capacity for complex problem solving and the ability to retain advanced instructions in a clinical and laboratory setting.
- Working experience with tissue specimen, HIPAA regulations and patient related research, Microsoft operating systems, clinical and research database systems, and data management and entry is essential.
- The successful candidate will have at minimum a BA/BS and preferably additional training or experience in the handling of biological specimens and patient related research.
- Successful candidate will have a dependable motor vehicle (mileage will be compensated) for daily transport of materials between the off-site archive location and the university campus
- The ability to navigate stairs and step-stool, and lift 40 lbs. is required.
- Previous experience with maintaining accurate documentation and database use.
- Able to troubleshoot, design workflow and collaborate amongst peers
- Experience with handling of patient information
- Experience in the use of clinical systems and clinical and research data
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in handling human derived specimens using universal precautions.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14959
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20112 - SOM-Pathology
Posting Date: Oct 17, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Joe Wozniak
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00639594