Applications for Fall are due MAY 31st.
Applications for Spring are due October 31st.
The CU Succeed Gold program seeks currently employed High School teachers as part-time Lecturers. This program enables high school juniors and seniors to take CU Denver courses in their high schools for dual credit during the school day. All applicants into this position are seeking approval as CU Denver Adjunct Faculty members to teach CU Denver courses in the high school where they are already employed.
This is a non-compensated appointment with no benefit eligibility. CU Succeed Gold Lecturers are not paid directly by the University; instead, a portion of each enrollment is paid back to the high school in the form of an administrative stipend.
- All applicants must be currently employed by a Colorado High School
- Masters Degree or 18 credit hours at the graduate level in the discipline you are seeking approval in
Required Application Materials: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
1) Current CV or Resume
2) Official or unofficial transcripts from all institutions attended, undergraduate and graduate
3)Two letters of recommendation*
4) Detailed, CU Denver-style syllabus for the proposed course(s)** MATH applicants-you do not need to include a syllabus
5) CU Succeed Lecturer Approval Request From listing the course(s) you are seeking approval for and the High School's Principle's signature. Please download the form here.
*Letters of recommendation should be from individuals who can provide information about your knowledge in the field, your teaching skills, and other qualifications that, make you qualified to teach at the university level. Letters can be from colleagues.
**Syllabus guidelines and CU Succeed approved courses can be found on our Website under the "Teachers" tab at www.ucdenver.edu/cusucceed
Special Instructions for Modern Language Applicants:
You must also provide the following information if you are seeking appointment to teach a Modern Language course through the CU Succeed Program.
- Sample lesson plans/course materials.
- Assessment criteria and sample tests, including final exam.
- Videotape (DVD): Please preview to be sure that the voices are clear and that the writing on the board is legible on the tape. The video must be of the course the instructor wishes to offer for CU Denver credit.
- Clearly mark the tape with course level and date
- Include a thirty-minute segment
- Show interaction with students (we want to hear how they sound, too!)
- Include at least a ten-minute segment showing grammar instruction
Please send the DVD to the address below after you have completed this application.
Campus Box 144, P.O. Box 173364
Denver, CO 80217-3364
Application Materials Required:Resume/CV, Reference Letters (Not Confidential), Unofficial transcript(s), Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/careers, refer to job posting 03788 Incomplete applicaitons will not be reviewed. Please include all required attachments. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.The University of Colorado Denver is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from wom
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30216 - CLAS-CU Succeed
Posting Date: Feb 2, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Angela Alton
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00722892