Dean, UNT System College of Pharmacy
Dean, UNT System College of Pharmacy
Office of the Dean-Pharmacy - 300901
The UNT System College of Pharmacy was created as a component of the University of North Texas Health Science Center (UNTHSC) by an act of the Texas State Legislature in 2011. It is the only fully accredited College of Pharmacy based in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area of more than 6.5 million residents. The College admitted its first class in 2013 and graduated its first class of doctors of pharmacy in May, 2017. One of the strengths of System College of Pharmacy is interprofessional education, spotlighting the increasing important role of the pharmacist in patient-based health care teams.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The UNT System College of Pharmacy at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Dean, UNT System College of Pharmacy to join our team.
Reporting to the Provost, the Dean is responsible for meeting the mission of the College, as well as contributing to the overall goals of the UNTHSC. Key areas of responsibility include meeting the needs of existing programs, and expanding or developing educational programs in a manner consistent with the strategic goals of the College and UNTHSC. The Dean is also expected to continue to identify opportunities for collaboration of the College with local and regional partners, to ensure the College is a valued and recognized partner with community entities and agencies, and to establish the College of Pharmacy as a recognized authority in community and state health by advancing the practice of pharmacy and its contributions to society. In this role, the Dean will serve as an advocate for the College, strengthening its message and vision of health care where pharmacists serve as not only important members of a health care team, but as a crucial point for health care access.
The Dean is responsible for all aspects of the operation of the College of Pharmacy and the Dean's direct reports include:
Senior Associate Deans, Chairs, Senior Director, Directors, and a Senior Executive Assistant
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* A strong academic leader with demonstrable experiences in promoting Pharmacy student and resident success in the context of the future of Pharmacy education and practice.
* Demonstrate experience with the requirements of the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
* Fostering a culture of assessment and continuous quality improvement, and exhibit a track record of collaboration/promoting inter-professional activities across multiple units (e.g., Departments, Institutes, Schools).
In the coming years, the Dean will have the opportunity to make an impact in several crucial areas within the College and UNTHSC:
* Strategic Planning - Formulating a vision and creating a strategic plan to further enhance the College's infrastructure and accelerate its upward trajectory in achieving its mission to create solutions for a healthier community by developing patient centered pharmacy professionals, promoting team healthcare, and optimizing health through discovery.
* Team Building - Recruiting and retaining key administrative team members, faculty, and staff to achieve College and UNTHSC goals and objectives; serve as an integral and active member of the UNTHSC's executive team.
* Partnership Development - Expanding and strengthening of partnerships amongst all UNTHSC units and senior leadership to leverage their collective resources and strengths on behalf of UNTHSC and each respective unit.
* Faculty Development and Increasing Research Productivity - The Dean will play a key role in providing guidance and securing resources for the further development of faculty, both individually and as members of the UNTHSC community. The Dean will be an inspirational leader who will lead College faculty in identifying new opportunities to expand research productivity, while maintaining the balance between research excellence and a high quality teaching environment. Through these efforts, the Dean and the College will have the opportunity to further strengthen UNTHSC's research competitiveness in technologies that will promise future advances in the health sciences.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* A terminal degree in pharmacy or related field with a strong understanding of contemporary pharmacy and health care systems. This typically includes ten years of relevant experience in pharmacy education with at least five years in an administrative position overseeing academic and fiscal management.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* A nationally and internationally recognized reputation in the pharmacy field.
* A commitment to excellence in interprofessional education.
* The ability to effectively lead and manage change and transformation.
* A leadership style that has exhibited a proactive, results-oriented stand towards achieving outcomes in complicated, changing, multifaceted environments.
* A demonstrated results-oriented leader who has the ability and poise to develop and implement a strategy to further elevate the College of Pharmacy.
* Demonstrated commitment to diversity and excellence of student teaching and learning.
* A management style that encourages collegiality, teamwork, participation, communication, mentoring, and service orientation.
* The ability to delegate responsibility to senior subordinates allowing them to identify the ways and means to accomplish specific operational goals and objectives.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Monday - Friday
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Dean, College of Pharmacy
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled