University of Colorado School of Medicine
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a Post-doctoral Fellow. This full-time positon will work as part of a multidisciplinary team of researchers working in the lab of Dr. Lisa Spencer. This position will be involved in research regarding the role of eosinophils in gastrointestinal diseases.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates may be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation. For questions please contact Rhonda Buckner at [email protected]
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Nature of Work:
This position reports directly to the Principal Investigator. There is no direct patient care and no patient contact involved in this position. There are no supervisory duties associated with this position. Position is located on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
SOM-PEDS-GED Program - This position includes bench research and project development. The project topic is: "Influences of tissue eosinophils on intestinal immunity".
Examples of Work Performed:
- Designing, planning, and executing experiments to better define distinct subsets of tissue eosinophils, and to understand the influence of intestinal tissue eosinophils on the local immune response in inflammatory diseases
- Utilizing specialized knowledge and sophisticated research techniques to examine the localization of tissue eosinophils, and to investigate direct and indirect effects of eosinophils on lymphocyte phenotypes and function in situ at baseline and within the context of allergic inflammation
- Time and schedule management, maintaining accurate and detailed lab notebook
- Collecting, recording, analyzing, and presenting data
- Preparation of project reports and manuscripts for publication
- Meeting with the project Principal Investigator on a regular basis for the purpose of progress updates and mentoring
- Graduation from a college or university with a PhD and/or MD in a related field of medicine
- Record of published manuscripts and at least one publication in a peer-reviewed journal
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- The ability to work independently within the research lab on techniques and methods
- Previous laboratory experience with mouse models of intestinal inflammation; Molecular biology experience
- Experience with flow cytometry
- Immunology and cell culture lab experience
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership experience
- Effective time management skills and flexibility around experimental duties
- Highly organized
- Basic knowledge of biological systems and molecular approaches
Special Instructions to Applicants:Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14938
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20936 - SOM-PEDS Gastro-GenOps
Posting Date: Oct 16, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Rhona Jackson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00755483