Assistant Professor - Architectural Studies
Job ID 28181
Full/Part Time Full-Time
The Department of Architectural Studies at the University of Missouri invites applicants for a tenure-track appointment at the Assistant Professor rank with an anticipated start date of Fall 2019. We seek candidates with experience and expertise in integrating innovative design and computing in their research, teaching, and practice. The candidate is expected to bring innovative design pedagogy in design studios and lecture courses at the undergraduate level. The successful candidate is also expected to play an essential role in our graduate program, leading graduate-level courses and supervising graduate projects as well as doctoral dissertations. We encourage applicants whose scholarship falls into one of the following areas aligned with emerging departmental and campus priorities:
- Sustainability and Smart Buildings: Expertise in environmental, technical, and social systems to inform the design of high-performing buildings from a human centered perspective.
- Computational and Virtual Design: Expertise in one or more of the following areas in design computing: advanced visualization using virtual and augmented reality, Building Information Modeling, and digital fabrication.
Our program encourages interdisciplinary research, and we welcome varied theoretical and methodological perspectives. Currently, we have research collaborations with the School of Medicine, the Thompson Center for Autism, the College of Engineering and the College of Education. The candidate is expected to pursue cross-disciplinary research. Required qualifications for the position and details regarding application are available at http://www.arch.missouri.edu/people_positions.html. Review of candidates begins December 1, 2018 and applications received by then will receive full consideration. Further questions regarding the position may be directed to the search committee chair: Michael Goldschmidt [email protected]
- Ph.D. in Architecture, Interior Design or related-discipline at the start of tenure-track appointment.
- Ability to teach undergraduate lecture and studio courses in a CIDA accredited program, including interior design studios and other lecture courses supporting CIDA interior design program
- Ability to pursue interdisciplinary research and supervise doctoral dissertations
- Professional experience and teaching in interior design and/or architecture
- Ability to develop graduate courses in computational design, augmented reality, and/or sustainability
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: