Shuttle Bus Driver
Nature of Work
Provide and maintain a safe and secure environment in which academic pursuits may flourish, in accordance with established goals of the University of Colorado.
This 40% position will only work during the Fall, Spring and Summer terms each year, which is approximately 40 weeks per year, working an average of 26 hours per week. This position will not work during academic semester breaks.
Must have and maintain a Colorado Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with a passenger endorsement and airbrakes and maintain a Department of Transportation (DOT) valid physical card. Must have a minimum two years of driving experience.
Position reports to the Assistant Transportation Field Manager. Two mandatory organizational training meetings per year and weekly guidance bulletins sent electronically.
This position does not have any supervisory duties.
Provide daily shuttle services for student to and from far parking lots, provide bus services to departments having a need to transport student, faculty and staff to location not contiguous to the UCCS property.
- Provide safe, dependable transportation on and around the campus area.
- Be available to drive for other drivers that have called in sick or are otherwise unable to work their regular shift.
- Safely assist loading, unloading and securing of disabled passengers in a professional manner
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspections with a high degree of accuracy and safety.
- Fuel buses when required.
- Maintain proper passenger counts and related paperwork.
- Use good judgment when the need arises to alter assigned routes due to traffic conditions.
- Be prepared to work any time of day or night, to include weekends.
- Must be flexible to assume other duties as assigned.
- Position is part-time, time off coincides with semester breaks.
- There are no Logs or Overnight trips.
- Drivers are scheduled from 06:30 am - 11:00 p.m. for campus routes. Drivers also are scheduled Charter services 7 days a week.
- Assist with cleaning of vehicles.
- Drug Free Workplace
- Pre-Employment drug test.
- Engagement with campus community regardless of ethnic, racial, political, gender, religious, intellectual background
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to perform assigned responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Apply related federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations
- Customer service concepts and techniques to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations
- Techniques for providing excellent service to all customers
For the purposes of FLSA, this position has been determined to be non-exempt from (eligible for) overtime under FLSA.
Hourly Pay Rate $15.19
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history
- Maintain a current and valid Colorado DOT Physical Card and CDL Class A or B with P2 endorsement, no air brake restriction.
- Must maintain a valid DOT physical card at all times.
- Two years or more of shuttle bus driving experience.
- Candidate may be subject to perform a driving exercise in the UCCS bus.
- Employees are subject to random drug and alcohol screening tests.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV
Application Materials Instructions:• Position is open until filled. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Failure to properly attach the required documents; cover letter and resume (CV), will result in automatic disqualification for this position. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Job Category: Facilities/Labor,Trades & Crafts
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40339 - VCAF-AUX-Transportation Srvcs
Posting Date: Dec 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Natalie Skaggs
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]!uccs.edu
Position Number: 00605664