Media Production Professional
CU Denver | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
Office of Information Technology
Media Production Professional
Position # 1516 Requisition # 15376
The Office of Information Technology works to advance the University mission by providing innovative technology solutions and services to the CU Denver | Anschutz Medical Campuses, their constituents and partners.
Through our six core values, Service, Professionalism, Leadership, Innovation, Community, and Excellence (SPLICE), we make a difference.
Click here to find out more about the Office of Information Technology
The Media Production Professional, a full-time university staff (non-classified) position reports to and supports the CU Productions manager in the support of video and media production on the CU Denver and CU Anschutz campuses.
The position is responsible to consult, direct and assist faculty, staff and students in the development of instructional, informational and promotional video and media products. This will include the analysis of need, evaluation of their audience, concept development, media selection, scriptwriting, visualization and coordination. It will also include direction, use of video and audio recording equipment, on-location and studio lighting equipment, nonlinear editing, motion graphics design, photography and photography editing.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Analysis and concept development of client media needs.
- Content assessment and scripting.
- Assists in developing interview questions and storyboards.
- Coordinates pre-production and production planning activities.
- Determine what equipment is necessary for any given job.
- Transports, sets up, and operates various production equipment including cameras, audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, and microphones for location and studio production.
- Operates and maintains cameras, audio and video recorders, and other production equipment.
- Provides limited troubleshooting and maintenance of field production and studio equipment.
- Collects interview and b-roll footage.
- Creative media editing by translating interviews and video footage into an effective visual form.
- Helps to sustain and guide workflows and the creative process.
- Utilizes computer graphics and special effects for video post-production in accordance with the overall production concepts.
- Photograph head shots and events.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $62,000 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
* Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
* Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- Graduation form an accredited College or University with a bachelor's degree in Broadcasting and Film or closely related field.
- 2-3 years' experience in the operations of multi-media, audio and video systems and applications.
- 2-3 years' experience in a professional video editing/producing environment demonstrating competence in all areas of video production.
- Substitution: Work experience in the occupational field or specialized subject area of the work assigned to the job may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the degree.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to travel between campuses (Denver Campus and Anschutz Medical Campus)
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- 3-5 years' experience in the operations of multi-media, audio and video systems and applications.
- Higher Education Experience.
- Experience and knowledge of studio production with multicamera shooting; cinematography; principles of digital video capture; professional production equipment operation including video cameras and recorders, audio recording equipment, file compression, graphics manipulation, lighting, and post-production equipment; advanced computer operations; standard software applications and Adobe Creative Suite.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Operate and maintain a variety of digital video cameras, still photography cameras and video editing software.
- Creatively plan and translate abstract concepts into an effective visual form.
- Work with staff to organize and implement recording of instructional or other educational related projects.
- Work with clients and talent to be comfortable in front of the camera.
- Adapt video products to fit needs of clients and target audience.
- Develop and optimize workflow techniques to manage complex video projects effectively and efficiently.
- Research solutions and make recommendations.
- Communicates, writes and speaks clearly, concisely and effectively.
- Meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
- Research and remain current on the developments and applications of state-of-the-art media production technology.
Special Instructions to Applicants:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to OIT Human Resources at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: U0001 -- Denver-Anschutz Administration - 60131 - ADM-AVCOIT Administration
Posting Date: Dec 14, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: [email protected]
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00001561