Dining-Residential - 163720
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours vary depending on location
**This posting is an hourly position and is non-benefits eligible.**
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
To learn more about working in Dining, watch this 93 second video: http://www.dining.unt.edu/ourstory
The Dining Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Dining Associate to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Serving food to students and University staff.
* Assists full-time kitchen staff and performs food preparation.
* Cleans dining areas and washes pots and dishes.
* Performs cashiering duties.
* Other duties as assigned.
The Dining Associate - Hourly will provide food service assistance under the supervision of the Food Service Supervisor(s) and the Food Service Manager.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements. The following knowledge, abilities and skills are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to maintain records and complete forms accurately.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: collecting cash and making change.)
* Knowledge of the care and use of food service equipment and kitchen utensils.
* Knowledge of health hazards in food preparation and service and necessary precautionary measures.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
* Ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, lifting, and use of utensils and equipment relating to food service operations.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Experience in food service.
* Experience in cash handling.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting