Admissions-Gen - 164500
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm with overtime as needed
The Office of Admissions is a vital contributor to the enrollment success at the University of North Texas through student outreach, recruitment endeavors and a commitment to providing personalized assistance to students throughout the college application and admissions process.
The Office of Admissions at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Admissions Officer for the recruitment of prospective students from underrepresented populations. Under the direction of the Associate Director and the Assistant Director, work principally involves extensive statewide travel, counseling and guidance of applicants for admission, and rendering of directional services to high schools in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Leading recruitment efforts for underrepresented populations.
* Assisting in recruitment networking efforts with business and industry, churches and civic leaders in the DFW metroplex.
* Assisting in recruitment efforts in other admission and student recruiting functions of the Office of Admissions.
* Participating in on-campus and external events directly related to UNT admissions and recruitment efforts.
* May be assigned some project-related supervisory responsibility over support staff in areas as related to the recruitment, processing and admission of students.
* Providing information to prospective students and parents on specific educational opportunities offered at UNT.
* Evaluating academic credentials of freshman students in order to determine eligibility of applicants in accordance with official university admissions policies, state guidelines, etc.
* Assisting in the review of students in the Individual Review Process.
* Representing the university well at public appearances and in a manner consistent with marketing strategies adopted by UNT.
* Participating in office policy and procedure decision discussions.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and one year of experience in recruiting, academic advising, counseling, student services, customer service or related experience or can substitute education for experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills.
* Developed interpersonal skills.
* Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
* Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
* Ability to obtain credit card for travel.
* Good driving record and access to a vehicle.
* Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
* Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and have the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
* Ability to work evenings and weekends.
* Willingness to travel extensively.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bilingual - Spanish highly preferred.
* Previous admissions office experience.
* Experience with Microsoft Office products.
* Ability to obtain a credit card, to travel statewide and to give group presentations.
* Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed and able and willing to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations in a positive, courteous and professional manner.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a cover letter, a resume and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Quicklink for Posting