Assistant Teaching Professor/Assistant Clinical Professor
Job ID 28668
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Applicants are required to have, at minimum, an MSW with no less than two years post-MSW practice experience with adults. In addition, the following qualifications are preferred:
- At least 10 years direct practice experience in social services
- At least 2 years practicing in integrated health settings
- Experience supervising students or professionals
- Hold a full and unrestricted LCSW in the State of Missouri or currently working towards this end; if working toward licensure, the applicant must show documentation of passing the LCSW exam and only have supervision time left before licensure requirements are fulfilled
- Experience implementing evidence-based practices to adults with mood, anxiety, and psychotic disorders
- Experience creating, implementing, and running group psychotherapy
- Knowledge and experience in the operations of community-based mental health clinics
- Knowledge of Columbia and surrounding counties social services
- Expertise in treating substance use disorders in adult populations
- Minimum 1 year post-secondary teaching experience
- Ability to teach in an online or in-person environment
- Ability to teach in both BSW and MSW programs
- Demonstrated expertise in the following course curricula: direct skills, clinical strategies, evidence-based practices
- Evidence of creativity and initiative in teaching
- Demonstrated ability to engage is research activities
- Demonstrated record of scholarship
- Ability to articulate ideas, plans, and partnerships for future projects
Complete the brief online application and be prepared to upload the following: a letter of application outlining practice, teaching, and research areas; a curriculum vita; a sample of scholarly work and a list of three references with contact information.
Screening of candidates' applications will begin immediately and will continue until a suitable candidate is hired.
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: