Computer Operator I
Computer Operator I
Computer Operator I
IT Shared Services - 925000
Is this an internal posting only?
Hours to be determined - possible overnights/weekends
Information Technology Shared Services (ITSS) is a component of The University of North Texas System. The mission of ITSS is simple: to be the best at delivering customer-aligned IT solutions and services. Our services are provided to all member institutions using an IT shared services governance model.
IT Shared Services provides the primary technology used by all campuses to support their operations. These include: shared resources of data centers, computing hardware, software applications, network and voice communications, collaboration and productivity capabilities, central web services, risk management, and security and compliance services. As a department, we strive to provide the most professional personnel possible to serve our campus constituents.
The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.
The IT Shared Services Department is seeking to hire a Computer Operator I to join their team.
* The Computer Operator I position will perform skilled technical work involving 24/7/365 observation of network system environments and related hardware and communications components.
* Tasks will include the use of various specialized programs to recognize, report and log system status information in aid of the access, production and backup, development, testing and training environments that make up UNT's Enterprise Information System (EIS).
* The position will also relate to 24/7/365 maintenance of staff safety, security of data centers and primary communications closets, and stability of the physical and power environments for both of ITSS's main computer rooms located on the UNT main campus and at Discovery Park. The incumbent will have minimal supervision and will complete all tasks and duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma and two years of experience in the operation of computer equipment or small to large scale computer systems; or any equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
* Knowledge of computing system concepts, terminology, standard data processing techniques, and technical knowledge of capabilities and limitations of equipment.
* Strong ability to interpret and convey technical information, using appropriate vocabulary and technical terms.
* Ability to plan and coordinate computer processing functions to fulfill production schedules and commitments.
* Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships when interacting with computer users.
* Ability to understand and implement both written and verbal instructions.
* Knowledge of safe working procedures and security measures related to work performed.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting