Library - 300540
Primarily responsible for facilitating access to health information by developing resources, programs, and services to increase the UNTHSC community's knowledge and use of authoritative clinical, research
and consumer health information.
The Library Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Librarian to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Knowledge of standard practices in the evaluation, selection, and acquisition of scholarly information resources.
* Knowledge of copyright, intellectual property and licensing terms/issues in a networked environment.
* Evidence of excellent organizational, problem solving, written and oral communication skills.
* Ability to work independently and with others in a collegial, service-oriented, rapidly changing environment.
* Acquires print and electronic serial and monographic resources to support education, research, patient care, and community engagement efforts of the institution.
* Collaborates with UNTHSC librarians in the evaluation, selection, and provision of access to new resources, including coordinating trials and pilots when appropriate.
* Contacts and maintains relationships with publishers and other vendors as necessary.
* Negotiates individual and consortial licenses for continuing electronic materials; works with appropriate internal and external individuals and agencies to ensure appropriate Lewis Library participation in license agreements.
* Resolves operational problems related to electronic resource access and functionality.
* Conducts appropriate analyses to maximize the value of the library's expenditures on electronic journals and bibliographic databases.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
* Master's degree in library or information science and two (2) years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Two years professional experience in a health sciences or academic library.
* Experience using the SirsiDynix Symphony integrated library system, Serials Solutions products or other electronic resource management tools.
* Experience working with vendors of information resources and the publishing industry.
* Understanding of current practices and developments in scholarly publishing, open access issues, and emerging standards and technologies.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled