Research Administrative Coordinator
Research Administrative Coordinator
Population Health Sciences
WORKING TITLE: Research Administrative Coordinator
Assist department's Chair, Managing Director and Faculty in administration of department financial and operating procedures and programs as they relate to program and departmental financials, research and industry funding, effort, faculty reviews, research metrics and activity.
- Assist in strategic operational planning and implementation of tactics within the research funding landscape. Forecast and oversee the research operational budget of revenue and expenses.
- Develop standard operating procedures, metrics for measurement of success in the research portfolio. Identify areas where the service model can be altered to meet submission and award milestones, generate energy around new funding opportunities and support positive outcomes through best practices in regulatory compliance and financial management.
- Advise and inform Chair, Managing Director and Faculty regarding the research and finance portfolio. Track and analyze data for budget and funding projections.
- Facilitate the presentation of the Chair's growth, accomplishments and success rating.
- Serve as a liaison for faculty and leadership with the Duke Offices of Research Support (ORS), Research Administration (ORA), SOM, Office of Research Contracts (ORC), RASR.
- Serve as the department's Single Point of Contract (SPOC) and Department Administrator (DA) for the Office of Research Administration (ORA) and the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP).
- Advise the Chair, Directors, Tenure/Research/Faculty, Ph.D. and their students regarding the interpretation of internal and external guidelines, procedures, and policy regulating finance and research, including but not limited to, internal funding, endowment/gift funding, agency funding, NIH, DOD, HRSA, foundation, subawards, contract agreements, and industry sponsored research.
- Support program and proposal development activities. Assist in the preparation of grant proposals and applications to include compilation of data and preparation of budget expenditures; monitor and verify expenditures; ensure compliance with University and sponsoring agency policies and procedures; prepare administrative reports for submission to sponsoring agency.
- Serve as the department's liaison for research training grants and fellowships. Maintain a database of the department's training tables and faculty members' biographical sketches, Other Support documents and CVs.
- Manage the preparation and execution of MOUs for all VA Faculty Members
- Monitor and ensure institutional compliance with government regulations; including Federal Uniformed Guidance, (circulars A-21, A-110 and A-133) and Duke University Medical Center and School of Nursing statutes including personnel effort (ECRT) and certification of reported time.
- System user, mentor and trainer for various Duke systems related to SAP R/3 financial statements and reconciliation, financial reporting and projection, journal voucher (JV) BFR entry and transaction reporting and reconciliation; Sponsored Projects Systems (SPS); effort reporting (ECRT) and analysis of faculty workload for fall and spring variance and teaching assignment.
- Provide effort tracking and faculty review spreadsheets for the Chair annually for all Departmental faculty.
- Manage effort for all DPHS Faculty and Staff - approve iForms and update internal effort tracking spreadsheet; meet with faculty and research staff managers quarterly to discuss current and upcoming effort
- Faculty Incentive Program - track qualifications, calculate amounts and prepare letters for faculty
1492 ADMINISTRATIVE COORD
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging.
Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires a general business background generally equivalent to a bachelor's degree in a business related field.
Work requires 2 years related business or administrative experience to become familiar with general personnel practices, accounting and budgeting principles and coordination of major office activities.A master's degree in a business related field may be substituted for 2 years experience.OR ANY OTHER EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Strong attention to detail, proficient and knowledgeable of sponsored research and appropriate systems.
Prefer experience working directly with Faculty/RASR and Population Health Faculty and Data.
Prior GCA experience preferred.
Auto req ID
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.