Medical Assistant Senior
Medical assistant senior position to assist with ongoing and planned clinical biomarker collection, database actions, analysis, storage and retrieval in the area of Alzheimer disease and aging.
Phlebotomy skills and an unrestricted drivers license for patient transport are necessary.
Medical Assistant Senior
7H030:SANDERS-BROWN CTR ON AGING
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Light lifting of files and packages
Standard shift: Monday-Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Experience in specimen collection and processing (blood and spinal fluid) data entry and organization. Phlebotomy, data entry, organization.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Valid drivers license preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have phlebotomy experience with the aging population?
- * Please indicate your amount of paid employment experience working with a geriatric population.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Do you have a current valid KY driver's license and can you drive?
- * Do you have experience in working with databases (entering data, reporting on data, etc)?
- * Rate your level of expertise in using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Windows, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter