Clinical Services Technician/UKHC
The Clinical Services Technician (CST) will be responsible for direct patient care and provides clinical support to providers.
Duties include but not limited to the following: obtain patient medical history information, expedite patient flow, room patients, stocking clinic with supplies, navigate electronic health record system, schedule and follow-up with appointments and assist with medication fill requests, prior authorizations and schedule tests, procedures and consults.
The CST will communicate with pharmacies, insurance companies, patients and physicians in a respectful manner and follow UK Healthcare behavioral expectations for service excellence.
Clinical Services Technician/UKHC
M1000: Community Based Practice
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4. Acquired clinical services technician (CST) competencies through continuous employment in a CST role at UKHC for 12 months, 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program.
BLS at time of hire through American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support certification for the Healthcare Provider.
The ability to lift, carry, push, and pull 50-100 pounds on a daily basis; as well as stand, walk and sit for long periods of time. The conditions of work may involve exposure to communicable diseases and injury from intractable patients or sharp instruments.
Monday-Friday 8:00 am-5:00 pm, may require some holidays
Electronic medical record.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1 year clinical experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have one or more of the following: 1. Kentucky Registered SRNA, 2. RN nursing student who has completed first fundamental course and a clinical, 3. Military Medic, 4. Acquired clinical services technician (CST) competencies through continuous employment in a CST role at UKHC for 12 months, or 5. Graduate from a medical assistant program?
- * Do you have a current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA), or are you eligible to obtain this by date of hire?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter