Laboratory Technician Senior
The Saha CVRC is seeking a Lab Technician Senior to work within a new research group studying metabolism and cardiovascular disease. We are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a passion for exciting research.
Responsibilities will include general laboratory upkeep and organization, performance of in vitro and in vivo experiments, and assistance with mouse colony maintenance. Daily work activities will require maintenance of cell lines and some animal care. Other duties include organizing, conducting, analyzing and recording experimental data; overseeing student workers; cleaning and maintaining all lab glassware and equipment.
Experience with any of the following techniques is preferred: cell culture, confocal microscopy, western blotting, PCR, and mouse work. However, a candidate lacking experience but possessing a positive attitude and a strong ability to learn new research techniques will be seriously considered.
Laboratory Technician Senior
Lab Tech Senior
7H051:CARDIOVASCULAR RESEARCH CENTER
Type of Position
Position Time Status
Click here for more information about equivalencies:
Required Related Experience
Required License/ Registration/Certification
Required routine handling of light-weight objects up to 10 pounds, or some standing or walking for extended periods.
Normal shift is 8 hours during weekdays, but some evening or weekend periods may be necessary.
Proficient and IACUC compliant small animal care; Basic lab skills, (e.g., pipetting); basic computer skills (e.g., MS windows, excel).
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
BA/BS degree in a related field plus 1 or more years of paid working experience in a research laboratory including technical molecular biology, biochemical and cell culture research protocols, and murine animal care preferred.
Deadline to Apply
University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have working experience with the following: cell culture, protein or DNA electrophoresis, molecular biology (e.g. PCR), and murine animal care.
- I have working experience with 1 of the 4 tasks.
- I have working experience with 2 of the 4 tasks.
- I have working experience with 3 of the 4 tasks.
- I have working experience with 4 of the 4 tasks.
- I have no working experience with these tasks.
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter